Boeheim: “He lost the ball! What a horrible call!” | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim: “He lost the ball! What a horrible call!”

OrangeDW

Living Legend
On ESPN replay. There’s no commentators and they’re using the cameras behind the baskets. Occasionally the mics pick up something the TV broadcast didn’t. Could hear Boeheim loud and clear on the Chukwu “foul” on Zion in regulation.

On ESPN replay. There’s no commentators and they’re using the cameras behind the baskets. Occasionally the mics pick up something the TV broadcast didn’t. Could hear Boeheim loud and clear on the Chukwu “foul” on Zion in regulation.

Clearly lost the ball before anything close to contact was made. And I saw multiple Duke players over PC's back during the plays I saw. Terrible.

Clearly lost the ball before anything close to contact was made. And I saw multiple Duke players over PC's back during the plays I saw. Terrible.

You obviously do not know the NCAA hoops rules very well.

Rule 3.2.6.3: When a Duke players touches an opposing player, the opposing player has committed a foul. When several Duke players contact an opposing player, the opposing player has committed a foul, which, if the result is a shooting foul, the referee shall choose the Duke player with the highest Free Throw percentage (FT%) to shoot the free throws.

;)

You obviously do not know the NCAA hoops rules very well.

Rule 3.2.6.3: When a Duke players touches an opposing player, the opposing player has committed a foul. When several Duke players contact an opposing player, the opposing player has committed a foul, which, if the result is a shooting foul, the referee shall choose the Duke player with the highest Free Throw percentage (FT%) to shoot the free throws.

;)

While I haven't read that rule myself, I in fact do not doubt it's veracity whatsoever. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll remember that for the next game to save myself endless aggravation...

Replays anywhere? Highlights don’t show it..

Replays anywhere? Highlights don’t show it..

I watched the replay on the ESPN app. It weirdly switched from the regular broadcast to the behind the baskets cameras with no commentators sometime in the first half and stayed that way.

While I haven't read that rule myself, I in fact do not doubt it's veracity whatsoever. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll remember that for the next game to save myself endless aggravation...

On the serious side, while watching this on TV, I was livid and yelled at the ref. I don't usually yell at refs while at home, watching the game alone, but the refs blew so many calls that I lost it when he was mugged.

I don't complain about the refs anymore. When I was young, I did. there were two just terrible calls against syracuse tonight. That led to 5 Duke points. The carry. And the over the back (pick any of the number) over P.C.

In all fairness, the broadcast crew doubted the call in real time and pretty much ridiculed it after the replay.

As much as Bilas is a Duke guy, he's as much of a straight shooter as one can be, and the other guy is Sean.

Bilas was very honest when he thought the calls were bad, although he didn't say a word about the no call over the back over Chukwu. He said the charge against Battle was a bad call, the one foul against Chukwu was a bad call.

At least we got a few calls Duke got way more of them but none were game changing.

man duke gets some hella calls on the reg!!!!!

no other team in the NCAA gets those "legacy jordan" calls that coach k's squad gets -so easy to dislike them and their priviledge...

that said ...least the refs kinda eased off the gas and put the bottle down towards the end of the game...shocked no syr players fouled out - had visions of braswell and brissett down low based on the first half foul count...

man duke gets some hella calls on the reg!!!!!

no other team in the NCAA gets those "legacy jordan" calls that coach k's squad gets -so easy to dislike them and their priviledge...

that said ...least the refs kinda eased off the gas and put the bottle down towards the end of the game...shocked no syr players fouled out - had visions of braswell and brissett down low based on the first half foul count...

Today is our lucky day.

I don't complain about the refs anymore. When I was young, I did. there were two just terrible calls against syracuse tonight. That led to 5 Duke points. The carry. And the over the back (pick any of the number) over P.C.

Let's not forget the "foul" that sent Zion to the line to tie it and head to OT. There was no body contact low and up top was all ball.

It's funny about the carry... The ref looked at our players and said "What did he do?". Obviously wasn't looking and just heard the reaction from the crowd. Even the Duke fans knew that was a carry. Refs should have given us a makeup call and let our double dribble go.

You could hear it on the live broadcast too. My son and I heard the "that's a horrible call!" part clearly. My son says "That was Jim." I said, "And he's 100% right!"

Add the charge on Battle when he got bodied on the drive by the defender running with him before any contact with the defender that allegedly took the charge.

In the first half it felt like all of our drives to the basket involved contact and yielded approx. 0.35 fouls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom