Boeheim hopeful of big breakthrough | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim hopeful of big breakthrough

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Today Mike Waters wrote a story about a new drug which has shown in the lab some promising results in fighting cancer. The drug known as Kevetrin attacks cancer cells. It is designed to convince a certain gene, the p53 gene, to kill off the cancer cells. The drug has been approved for clinical studies and should be available for testing within the next few months.

Much as Dick Vitale is the face of the Jimmy V Foundation, so to does Cellceutix Corporation want JB to be the face of Kevetrin. They believe that through Jim's network they can make the public aware of the drug.

I will provide a link as soon as one is available. If you can beat me to it, please provide below.

I really hope that Kevetrin turns out to be a cancer fighting magic bullet.

However, there are dozens of small biotech companies out there with strong anti-cancer drug candidates that have achieved positive results in various phases of testing.

This drug has not yet been tested on humans. It is not even in Phase I of clinical trials.

It is, best case, years from being viable.

I think it would be a mistake for Jimmy to be the face of this drug at this point in time. If Jimmy allows himself to be the face of this drug it could result in millions of dollars of investor funds being diverted from other anti-cancer developmental companies into this one. Maybe that would be a good thing, but maybe not.

Let the FDA process takes it's course and let the markets and the testing proceed as normal. There is plenty of time for Jimmy to commit his image to this company no earlier than Phase III if the Phase I & II testing in humans provides positive results worthy of his involvement.

I really hope that Kevetrin turns out to be a cancer fighting magic bullet.

However, there are dozens of small biotech companies out there with strong anti-cancer drug candidates that have achieved positive results in various phases of testing.

This drug has not yet been tested on humans. It is not even in Phase I of clinical trials.

It is, best case, years from being viable.

I think it would be a mistake for Jimmy to be the face of this drug at this point in time. If Jimmy allows himself to be the face of this drug it could result in millions of dollars of investor funds being diverted from other anti-cancer developmental companies into this one. Maybe that would be a good thing, but maybe not.

Let the FDA process takes it's course and let the markets and the testing proceed as normal. There is plenty of time for Jimmy to commit his image to this company no earlier than Phase III if the Phase I & II testing in humans provides positive results worthy of his involvement.

I have a guy who is an entrepreneur who works in the nutraceutical industry who is working on natural cancer treatments featuring extracts of certain berries. The method is to isolate and prevent blood flow to tumors. Everyone has hundreds of cancers cells in their bodies that lay dormant. The issue is that there is a trigger that increases blood flow to the tumor, which is what fuels its growth. Cut off the blood supply and the cancer can't grow. It's a concept called anti-angiogenesis. Natural substances don't need FDA approval. Very hopeful that his product is going to break big.

Cutting off the blood flow is a very old concept and many sophisticated chemical strategies are in testing stages, but the hoped for magic bullet has not arrived. Good luck with berry juice. If only it were so simple.

I really do wonder what type of diligence Team Boeheim did on the drug. I hope a good amount.

The company does not seem well funded. And Jim's compensation appears to be around $50k-$100k in stock based on SEC filings, which in this case generic to individual amounts.

Hoping Kevetrin does well in clinicals. Hell, I hope ANY cancer drug currently in Phase I-III proves effective.

According to the news, we have cured cancer a few dozen times already.