Boeheim on the Dan Patrick Show | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim on the Dan Patrick Show

(2/3) Syracuse and Georgetown was the toughest rivalry for about 10-15 years during the early BIG EAST days. There was nothing quite like it. Many of my fondest coaching memories are from Georgetown games, coaching against John – in the Dome, at Georgetown and at MSG.

(3/3) Juli and I want to express our condolences to John’s family and the Georgetown basketball community. John was one of a kind.

Hearing him talk about his friendship with Thompson reminded me of Magic and Larry. They were rivals for so long on the court they didn't have much to do with each other off of it. But after filming a commercial together, they saw they had a lot in common...On the rivalry - I have no idea if our rivalry was more intense than say Duke/UNC or Alabama/Auburn. But I do know we're one of the few (the only other I can think of is Army Navy) that wasn't geography based. We have Thompson to thank for that. RIP

Hearing him talk about his friendship with Thompson reminded me of Magic and Larry. They were rivals for so long on the court they didn't have much to do with each other off of it. But after filming a commercial together, they saw they had a lot in common...On the rivalry - I have no idea if our rivalry was more intense than say Duke/UNC or Alabama/Auburn. But I do know we're one of the few (the only other I can think of is Army Navy) that wasn't geography based. We have Thompson to thank for that. RIP

Great analogy.

That was great, thanks for posting it.

I couldn't agree more with JB in relation to the 'positive' for Covid, etc. around the 8:05 mark. Being diagnosed 'positive' isn't like being bit by a zombie in any way, shape or form. The vast majority of individuals diagnosed 'positive' have either mild symptoms or are asymptomatic. This is supported at the Worldometer's site where it lists 99% of "active" cases in this category. I'd imagine the age group of the "athlete" and/or student demographic is even a further percentage of that. Of course there are exceptions, but it is certainly not the rule.

That was great, thanks for posting it.

I couldn't agree more with JB in relation to the 'positive' for Covid, etc. around the 8:05 mark. Being diagnosed 'positive' isn't like being bit by a zombie in any way, shape or form. The vast majority of individuals diagnosed 'positive' have either mild symptoms or are asymptomatic. This is supported at the Worldometer's site where it lists 99% of "active" cases in this category. I'd imagine the age group of the "athlete" and/or student demographic is even a further percentage of that. Of course there are exceptions, but it is certainly not the rule.
Great point. Wonder how JB would feel if Buddy falls into the 1%. With something minor like Eduardo Rodriguez.

And that will be my last post on this issue here, but I'd be glad to debate over on the other forum. I've got some thoughts on JBs statements.

Great point. Wonder how JB would feel if Buddy falls into the 1%. With something minor like Eduardo Rodriguez.

And that will be my last post on this issue here, but I'd be glad to debate over on the other forum. I've got some thoughts on JBs statements.

As I mentioned, and as you cited, there are always exceptions to the rule. Of course JB would feel awful, but similarly with the endless debates on zone vs. man, etc. and how JB plays the percentages in that regard, it appears his viewpoint and how he lives his life is relatively consistent. JB realizes that, based upon his son's demographic, his chances of surviving Covid without any residual impairment, departing this earth, etc. is far greater than his son getting into an automobile.

No offense, but if you are referring to that "Coronavirus Update" thread over on the "other" forum, no thanks. I haven't been over there in months, and I was only in that initially because it derived once upon a time in the basketball forum. What that thread transformed into is too Jerry Springer-esque for my liking. ;)

As I mentioned, and as you cited, there are always exceptions to the rule. Of course JB would feel awful, but similarly with the endless debates on zone vs. man, etc. and how JB plays the percentages in that regard, it appears his viewpoint and how he lives his life is relatively consistent. JB realizes that, based upon his son's demographic, his chances of surviving Covid without any residual impairment, departing this earth, etc. is far greater than his son getting into an automobile.

No offense, but if you are referring to that "Coronavirus Update" thread over on the "other" forum, no thanks. I haven't been over there in months, and I was only in that initially because it derived once upon a time in the basketball forum. What that thread transformed into is too Jerry Springer-esque for my liking. ;)
I'm going to break my own promise and just say that there is still so much unknown about this disease that JB's playing of the percentages is insufficient.

And no one wants to shut the world down for 5 years. That was a ridiculous statement he should not have made.

I'm going to break my own promise and just say that there is still so much unknown about this disease that JB's playing of the percentages is insufficient.

And no one wants to shut the world down for 5 years. That was a ridiculous statement he should not have made.

Also, I'm concerned about football. Yes, they train extremely hard but from what I understand, the risk increases as weight does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom