boeheim quote at end of Q&A | Syracusefan.com

boeheim quote at end of Q&A

orangehomer

All American
I have two sons 14 and 12. I want them to become as good as Doug (McDermott) is so that I might be fortunate enough to coach them in college.

;)

^yup..caught that too...kind of interesting way to put that out there...he may be hanging 5 more years or more...

if he wants to coach the youngest through 4 years of college, that's 10 more years at the helm

Just JB playing with our heads again. He enjoys that sort of thing. If I had to guess, I'd say two or three more years.

Just JB playing with our heads again. He enjoys that sort of thing. If I had to guess, I'd say two or three more years.
I would love to see him get 1000 career wins, and 3 more years after this one could do it

I would love to see him get 1000 career wins, and 3 more years after this one could do it
I'd like to see him get to 1000 too, but would prefer he do it in the next 3 years. ;)

He is completely F*ing with everyone.....Good for him!

1 more national title and then call it quits. By my calculations he will retire at the end of this year.

I honestly think as long as he is of sound mind and body he should continue!

His Donna Ditota interview a few days ago seemed bizarre, though. I can't imagine anyone here marching up to their bosses and announcing that they are only giving 80% to the company at best, and dropping, and not pay a huge price for it. Sometimes excessive respect can give us...Paterno. And Hopkins himself has about 140 hairs left. I wonder if Mike has or has ever had a true idea about when it's his turn.

Brandon Triche will stop playing basketball for pay before Jim Boeheim retires.

His Donna Ditota interview a few days ago seemed bizarre, though. I can't imagine anyone here marching up to their bosses and announcing that they are only giving 80% to the company at best, and dropping, and not pay a huge price for it. Sometimes excessive respect can give us...Paterno. And Hopkins himself has about 140 hairs left. I wonder if Mike has or has ever had a true idea about when it's his turn.

JB doesn't have a boss...his name is on the court. Hop will know before us as it should be.

Silly question, but does anyone know if JB's sons have any basketball talent? Are they playing AAU yet?

Silly question, but does anyone know if JB's sons have any basketball talent? Are they playing AAU yet?

They are both good. The older one Jimmy, is a lefty. He does play on an AAU team. He has more skills than the younger one, Jack, but the younger one has a certain toughness and moxie about him. Only time will tell how good they become. Neither are superstars right now, but very good. The one to watch might be the daughter. Her and the 12 year old are twins and she is as tall as the 14 year old (last I saw them). She played on a girls AAU team that qualified for nationals (in Tennessee I think).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If his kids are half as good at hoops as he was, they will have many many D1 offers. The Boeheims are a wiley bunch

JB wants them to be "Doug McDermott good," so that he can coach them (and win with them) in college

I want them to be "walk-on good," so that they stay for 4 full years and keep JB employed through his 1200th victory.

1 more national title and then call it quits. By my calculations he will retire at the end of this year.

I think he'll retire before he has to go to Greensboro on a regular basis...he didn't make many friends there when SU joined the ACC;)-VBOF

Never though of Jim as someone who was too concerned about making friends. He care about his family, his players, his golf game and very little else.

I hear Kentucky is getting involved.

World Wide Wes just brought JB to the Ryder Cup. Look for "UK" to be rogained onto JB's head in place of his ring of fire...