Boeheim's Army scouts Syracuse basketball: Carey an 'NBA talent', Braswell a 'sleeper' | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army scouts Syracuse basketball: Carey an 'NBA talent', Braswell a 'sleeper'

Oh, Mylanta, I am SO READY for basketball! Yet I don’t want the summer (half over already!) to go by too fast, nor do I want to skip over football. I suppose we all run the danger of being too excited about this team, but I love the exhilaration when contemplating an upcoming season, as opposed to worried wondering. I am draaaaawwwing out the relish, and the season will be upon us soon enough!

Go Orange!

That could be a good nickname, Sleepy Braswell. Probably too old-timey for these days, but he is from South Carolina, they'ed like it down there.

You can't be an SU fan and want to have a guy nickned "Sleepy". I call for a 2 day ban.
If you don't know why, that's an additional 2 days.:)
We're in the ACC now, we have to get a little more down home, even if the nickname is from a hated Hoya.

I think it's always worth taking these reviews with a grain of salt but, having said that, it's always nice to hear good reports on the team in the offseason. The Braswell reviews are a good reminder that while we'd all love to land top 10 kids like Bazely, there is life beyond those recruits and, from a program perspective, those guys may even be a better value long-term.

Let it be known i will eat my left arm if Chukwu comes out this year wiTh a senior Rak like mid range jumper.

This coming from a poster that thinks pc is greatly underappreciated

Bras balls!

I like it!! But in print it looks like you're talking about melon containers. I guess I could make my next parody/tribute "We're playing Brasketball, we love that Brasketball!" Yes, no, maybe so? I like yours in real life(verbally), but we have to suit things for the medium we're given.

Years later, it's now a bit more humorous with Spacey staring at them. ...my posts are smoldering, I have a decision to make that weighs heavier than those balls, like the yolk that OIG told me I must carry. Ok, decision made: My Man Manny Pacquiao's nickname engaged, for the fans.

Last edited:
What we’ve all been waiting for

Personally, I was waiting for something(or someone) a bit different. However, it's probably not appropriate to post it in here, at this time at least.

Oh, Mylanta, I am SO READY for basketball! Yet I don’t want the summer (half over already!) to go by too fast, nor do I want to skip over football. I suppose we all run the danger of being too excited about this team, but I love the exhilaration when contemplating an upcoming season, as opposed to worried wondering. I am draaaaawwwing out the relish, and the season will be upon us soon enough!

Go Orange!

Are you gassy? ;) Dont feel bad about thinking a few months ahead, as there are plenty of posts at various times on here from people lusting for the season after the one that hasn't even started yet! So in relative terms, I find your enthusiasm A ok! As for not wanting to skip over football, it's often interesting to see if people change their minds on that once the season is upon us for awhile, lol. LGO! Hopefully DB will make writing the letters DB on here a good thing instead of how I normally use them.

There will be no stopping this board now

It will be like the old days when my mentor used to get mocked for being too positive! He'd then go write a song on guitar to let off steam. There will be NO meltdowns!

We will win the title belt, the Boneyard and whatever other boards our owner owns can not compete with this board! Bees, can we get a title belt emoji?

Last edited:
You can't be an SU fan and want to have a guy nickned "Sleepy". I call for a 2 day ban.
If you don't know why, that's an additional 2 days.:)

While I'm normally against bans(yet love the word, IRL too), I'd lend support to that. The problem is that the guy's last name has other meanings, such as my friend's pledge name for his fraternity, in tribute to the band, which is the favorite of many people, by far the longest charting album of all time...his last name is title belt material that can't be banned due to one player...right? Man, you may have inspired me to write a Dark Side Of The Boeheim tribute...much on my plate! I still support your current call, maybe we can vote him off the island for 2 days? I think a democratic process like that would be cool, if administrated properly.