Boeheim's Army TV Ratings | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army TV Ratings

mlbball99

2nd String
353K viewers. Need to shatter that for the Final Four!
Weekend-Sports-Sat-Sun-2017-07-22.png

That may not seem like a lot, but all of the other listings are major sporting events that have been established for many years. Boeheim's Army will break through the top tier.

Fascinating chart. Shows how diffuse tv sports -- and their viewers -- are. I will never understand personally how a random NASCAR race can get more viewers than the British Open (okay, THE Open) -- because no one I know here watches NASCAR and a huge percentage of people I know watch the major golf tournaments. It's obviously a function of where I live ... and who my friends are here ... but I do find it fascinating. (And I just posted a political comment here, but I restrained myself and deleted it).

Last edited:
Fascinating chart. Shows how diffuse tv sports -- and their viewers -- are. I will never understand personally how a random NASCAR race can get more viewers than the British Open (okay, THE Open) -- because no one I know here watches NASCAR and a huge percentage of people I know watch the major golf tournaments. It's obviously a function of where I live ... and who my friends are here ... but I do find it fascinating. (And I just posted a political comment here, but I restrained myself and deleted it).

Spieth taking the whole afternoon to hit one shot probably doesn't help the ratings. Still I was watching, even recorded the Army game and enjoyed that after dinner.

Flipping channels last weekend and caught that the race stands looked 80% empty. I know NASCAR has struggled recently but yikes.

Check the election results.

Actually the end of the NASCAR race was pretty exciting.

Spieth taking the whole afternoon to hit one shot probably doesn't help the ratings. Still I was watching, even recorded the Army game and enjoyed that after dinner.
Great point - more power to him for knowing he could take all day but golf needs to get a grip. First rule change - not every bad shot should be bailed out with relief.

Great point - more power to him for knowing he could take all day but golf needs to get a grip. First rule change - not every bad shot should be bailed out with relief.

He got pretty lucky that the local rule there has the practice area as in play. I can't remember playing anywhere and having the driving range area in play. Its always staked white.

I assume with the timing of it and the clientele - that the Open got tons of online streaming views

And probably- same thing with Boeheims Army. I wouldnt be surprised if 40-50% of the views on a nice Sunday afternoon in upstate NY were streams so that basically doubles the 353k. On the flip side Nascar is an event that people plan for all week so they park themselves in front of a TV with some buddies and some beers. And even Nascar ratings are plummeting. 10 years ago, it was probably 10 mil for the same race and attendance was always a sell out.

On that note, an up and coming company and a possible Nielson Ratings killer is a company called Delmondo - founded kind of on accident by a Syracuse Grad, Nick Cicero. It tracks steaming analytics

Social Video Analytics | Delmondo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom