Boise State athletics site... | Syracusefan.com

Boise State athletics site...

OrangeCrush22

All American
http://www.broncosports.com/SplashPage.dbml?SPLASH_AD_ID=557551

BigEastSplash.jpg

Someone's a little excited...

They also forgot to put Syracuse, Pittsburgh, and West Virginia. :cool:

Looks so odd having all those schools from all over the country. I'm just glad its over somewhat now i can update my NCAA 2012 conferences now that i know the outcome

“The inclusion of these five great universities, which bring a unique blend of premier academics, top markets, strong athletic brands and outstanding competitive quality, marks the beginning of a new chapter in that evolution,” said BIG EAST Commissioner John Marinatto.

Yep.

I much prefer your signature image and those athletic logos.

Seriously. I just keep looking at each set of logos and thinking about sending Doc Gross a nice fruit basket.

Looks so odd having all those schools from all over the country. I'm just glad its over somewhat now i can update my NCAA 2012 conferences now that i know the outcome

Same. I've been hesitant to add the teams to the BE over the last few months (and I'm in 2016 now)...I like my video game conferences to be completely accurate.

With that lineup they'll play 9 conference games and 3 OOC games. Looking ahead to Boise's schedule from 2013 onwards they won't have to drop any games.

2013 - @Washington, Southern Miss, @BYU
2014 - Mississippi (@Atlanta), BYU
2015 - @BYU, Washington
2016 - Washington St., @Oregon St., BYU
2017 - @Washington St, @BYU

With that lineup they'll play 9 conference games and 3 OOC games. Looking ahead to Boise's schedule from 2013 onwards they won't have to drop any games.

2013 - @Washington, Southern Miss, @BYU
2014 - Mississippi (@Atlanta), BYU
2015 - @BYU, Washington
2016 - Washington St., @Oregon St., BYU
2017 - @Washington St, @BYU
They are a model for OOC scheduling that other BE schools (ahem, Rutgers) should use as a basis when they develop their schedules.

Seriously. I just keep looking at each set of logos and thinking about sending Doc Gross a nice fruit basket.

Well, a fruit basket does make a wonderful gift...
mediaManager

San Diego State and UConn are finally in the same athletic conference.

Sometimes an idea is so obvious and makes so much sense that nothing can stop it from happening...:crazy:

I would go to Boise for a game... once and that would be about it. Great town

OMG it's CUSA 2 with a side splash of Shady. Holy ****!

That is the worst looking football conference ever. C-USA 2.0. The Big East can spin this anyway they want, that conference is brutal. Not one attractive team in the bunch. And if I hear these are good additions for a TV contract because of the markets they are in. Who the F' are you trying to fool? What college football fan wants to see any of these teams play each other? Seriously. None of these teams have any real appeal outside their own campus let alone the city they are in, that is a myth. If anyone thinks the "big east" will get a good TV deal now they are clueless. It's not gonna happen. They have no demand for their product. This conference is a joke!

That is the worst looking football conference ever. C-USA 2.0. The Big East can spin this anyway they want, that conference is brutal. Not one attractive team in the bunch. And if I hear these are good additions for a TV contract because of the markets they are in. Who the F' are you trying to fool? What college football fan wants to see any of these teams play each other? Seriously. None of these teams have any real appeal outside their own campus let alone the city they are in, that is a myth. If anyone thinks the "big east" will get a good TV deal now they are clueless. It's not gonna happen. They have no demand for their product. This conference is a joke!
I guess the hope is that people in those markets follow the local team. NYC for instance has something like 10 million people who follow Rutgers. That's more viewers than the Soprano's got. Oh yeah j/k.

I gusee the hope is that people in those markets follow the local team. NYC for instance has something like 10 million people who follow Rutgers. That's more viewers than the Soprano's got.

LOL...those Wednesday night Rutgers vs UCF football games will have the people at Nielsen's calling in extra staff to work overtime to deal with the high ratings Rutgers Football will be bringing in. Give me a break. That conference is a joke. They will get a TV deal, nothing great by any means, just a deal to air this stuff some place.

LOL...those Wednesday night Rutgers vs UCF football games will have the people at Nielsen's calling in extra staff to work overtime to deal with the high ratings Rutgers Football will be bringing in. Give me a break. That conference is a joke. They will get a TV deal, nothing great by any means, just a deal to air this stuff some place.

To fill America's insatiable appetite for more football, no matter who, no matter what

Basketball is definitely kicking it up a notch, however. I'm looking forward to the new marquee matchups. Rutgers vs. UCF, DePaul vs. SMU, Seton Hall vs. Houston. Of course, we'll still have some of the old classics such as Providence vs. USF for the nostalgics among us.

The BE would have been better off trying to preserve the basketball league and maintaining some semblance of geographical integrity. Temple, Navy, Memphis, ECU and UCF made a lot more sense to me since the AQ is a goner anyway.

They are a model for OOC scheduling that other BE schools (ahem, Rutgers) should use as a basis when they develop their schedules.
To be fair, they needed to play decent teams OOC to try to get a chance to play for the "National Championship" to offset the WAC, MWC, and now the BE.

To be fair, they needed to play decent teams OOC to try to get a chance to play for the "National Championship" to offset the WAC, MWC, and now the BE.
True. I don't expect them to change their strategy much.

Funny thing about the new Big East. The only school there that was in a BCS conference prior to 2004? Rutgers...

Same. I've been hesitant to add the teams to the BE over the last few months (and I'm in 2016 now)...I like my video game conferences to be completely accurate.

i get to start my fist season in the ACC tonight 2012,13, or 14 in my world its already happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom