Bold Predictions Thread. | Syracusefan.com

Bold Predictions Thread.

NYCorange

2nd String
All right, I'm tired of reading everyone make (and argue about) easy predictions about the season. "Howard will start over Gillon". "Moyer won't play". Blah, blah, blah. Anyone can make those predictions. Let's hear some really interesting bold ones. The crazier the better, as long as you're willing to stand behind them.

I'll start with four.

#1. Syracuse will be ranked #1 in the country for at least 5 weeks this season.
#2. Taurean Thompson will average 10 min. per game in the ACC.
#3. Tyus Battle will not be our top, second, third, or fourth leading scorer. Lydon, White, Roberson, and Howard or Gillon will all outscore him this year.
#4. Syracuse will get a #1 seed in the tournament... in the West Region.

BOLD. I like it. How about this? Coleman plays more minutes than Chukwu.

I like the experience, health, and motivation of the former McD's AA.

Full disclosure: I said Kaleb Joseph would take charge his sophomore year...JB is a much smarter man than I.

Not a crazy prediction, but the thought behind it probably won't be shared by many, but Frank Howard won't start at PG no matter how well he is playing. The reason is, Quade Green. I am sure we aren't guaranteeing the starting PG spot to Quade, but I am sure it is important to him to see the path. A vacant starting PG spot would be more enticing. And we all know that JB does token starters all the time. So, while I think Frank is going to have a great year, I don't think he will start, at least not until after the early signing period.

Matt Driscoll will choose the boulevard option for the I81 viaduct replacement. All the trees planted along it will die within 3 years.

The roof of the renovated Carrier Dome will look almost exactly like the pictures that were leaked.

The renovated Dome will have air conditioning and after long negotiation, SU and Carrier will announce a deal that will ensure the name of the facility remains the Carrier Dome until the end of modern civilization.

The Fine Lot will be assimilated by the Borg and the refugees relocated to a location at Skytop nicknamed the Orangeyes lot.

The original announced plan for a 3 year renovation will extend to 5 years as construction crews struggle to build the new roof while leaving the old Dome intact. Major cost overruns will be incurred. Many in depth criticisms of the engineering will be made on the board by people who are not engineers, myself included.

Cam Reddish, Brandon Randolph and Mo Bamba will all verbal to Syracuse in the next 2 months, setting up the possibility of 3 HS teammates playing together at SU. It won't happen; Mo will go pro after one season. But SU will win an NC the following season, helped greatly by contributions from Brandon and Cam.

The NCAA will never reinstate the wins they took from the record of JAB but a new organization that replaces the NCAA will.

Syracuse will dump Nike for Adidas. Adidas will endear themselves to SU fans by eliminating duct tape grey from the color scheme for SU uniforms but lose much of the good will by introducing Indiana-like clown warmup pants to the SU basketball uniform.

Matt Driscoll will choose the boulevard option for the I81 viaduct replacement. All the trees planted along it will die within 3 years.

The roof of the renovated Carrier Dome will look almost exactly like the pictures that were leaked.

The renovated Dome will have air conditioning and after long negotiation, SU and Carrier will announce a deal that will ensure the name of the facility remains the Carrier Dome until the end of modern civilization.

The Fine Lot will be assimilated by the Borg and the refugees relocated to a location at Skytop nicknamed the Orangeyes lot.

The original announced plan for a 3 year renovation will extend to 5 years as construction crews struggle to build the new roof while leaving the old Dome intact. Major cost overruns will be incurred. Many in depth criticisms of the engineering will be made on the board by people who are not engineers, myself included.

Cam Reddish, Brandon Randolph and Mo Bamba will all verbal to Syracuse in the next 2 months, setting up the possibility of 3 HS teammates playing together at SU. It won't happen; Mo will go pro after one season. But SU will win an NC the following season, helped greatly by contributions from Brandon and Cam.

The NCAA will never reinstate the wins they took from the record of JAB but a new organization that replaces the NCAA will.

Syracuse will dump Nike for Adidas. Adidas will endear themselves to SU fans by eliminating duct tape grey from the color scheme for SU uniforms but lose much of the good will by introducing Indiana-like clown warmup pants to the SU basketball uniform.
Tomcat, that was EPIC.

The best: The NCAA will never reinstate the wins they took from the record of JAB but a new organization that replaces the NCAA will.

You are a visionary, my friend!

Duke will cut down the nets once again in April. They will win the coveted CBI title game on their home court with a last second triumph over a pesky mid-major UConn squad. A potential buzzer-beating winning shot by UConn will be nullified by a charging call.

Duke and UK will have the #1 and #2 ranked recruiting classes.

as 3 seed in the ACCT, yet # 5 in the country, the Orange will win it in Brooklyn and get the 1 seed out West, with 1st round in Buffalo.

National Champions and JB hangs em up.

All right, I'm tired of reading everyone make (and argue about) easy predictions about the season. "Howard will start over Gillon". "Moyer won't play". Blah, blah, blah. Anyone can make those predictions. Let's hear some really interesting bold ones. The crazier the better, as long as you're willing to stand behind them.

I'll start with four.

#1. Syracuse will be ranked #1 in the country for at least 5 weeks this season.
#2. Taurean Thompson will average 10 min. per game in the ACC.
#3. Tyus Battle will not be our top, second, third, or fourth leading scorer. Lydon, White, Roberson, and Howard or Gillon will all outscore him this year.
#4. Syracuse will get a #1 seed in the tournament... in the West Region.

Bold but attainable:

AW with 100 3s
TRob with 350 RBs