Bono visits Georgetown, jokes about Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Bono visits Georgetown, jokes about Syracuse

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
U2-1987-10-09.png

I knew this had the smell of Casual Hoya in it

Bono visits Georgetown, jokes about Syracuse

wait a minute...what the fluck is that dvd??!!

am i that far out of the loop?? i was at that show, is that now part of the U2 catalog?? :noidea:

am i that far out of the loop?? i was at that show, is that now part of the U2 catalog?? :noidea:

I remember that show. I couldn't go because I had a game (HS football) that friday night. Either the week before or the week after on Saturday night I was able to go see Pink Floyd. We used to get big times acts in Syracuse.

I hope Bono dislikes Syracuse. Just furthers my hate for him more. Which makes me happy.

It's not exactly a smart idea to turn off possible donors to your multi-million dollar fundraiser.

Hi my names Bono. I like to wear giant Clear sunglasses inside and don't have the courtesy to take them off during public speeches. I hate citric acid because my stomach is to weak to take it.

I was there too amazing show.

Bono is a self-important tool. He is a very talented singer, though. And the '87 show in the Dome was good, but the Floyd concert the week before was better. Billy Joel in '90 was better too.

"Syracuse, a school whose mascot is a fruit."

Georgetown, a school whose mascot is a... :confused:

Bono is at a U2 concert in Dublin when he asks the audience for some quiet. Then in the silence, he starts to slowly clap his hands. Holding the audience in total silence, he says into the microphone..."Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."A voice from near the front pierces the silence..."Well, f**king stop doing it then!"

Bono is a self-important tool. He is a very talented singer, though. And the '87 show in the Dome was good, but the Floyd concert the week before was better. Billy Joel in '90 was better too.
Hell, Sinatra was better. But, U2 was pretty good, and if Bruce came out (rumored) it would have put that show over the top.

Hell, Sinatra was better. But, U2 was pretty good, and if Bruce came out (rumored) it would have put that show over the top.
There are always rumors that so-and-so is going to show up at a concert. They rarely pan out. For example, the 2nd Billy Joel concert was on his birthday. Christie Brinkley, his wife at the time, had a special dressing room created at a sizable expense - a full 50s diner replica. It was also rumored that she was going to come to the concert (she didn't). Btw, I was backstage, so I was disappointed she didn't show up because no doubt, she would have left with me.

NOW THAT'S a rivalry! Oh, and Georgetown still sucks.

There are always rumors that so-and-so is going to show up at a concert. They rarely pan out. For example, the 2nd Billy Joel concert was on his birthday. Christie Brinkley, his wife at the time, had a special dressing room created at a sizable expense - a full 50s diner replica. It was also rumored that she was going to come to the concert (she didn't). Btw, I was backstage, so I was disappointed she didn't show up because no doubt, she would have left with me.
Yeah, Sorry but I was in her dressing room that night. She serves up some tasty burgers.

Achtung Baby is still one of the best albums ever.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

She was banging Chuck Norris on her Total Gym, back at the house...