Both Teams Have Serious Defensive Issues | Syracusefan.com

Both Teams Have Serious Defensive Issues

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
1. WLAX - 19 goals to MD? They only lost two defensive players from last year. So, it's a little hard to understand how they could have performed so poorly. Unless MD is the NCAA champion team this year.
2. MLAX - 16 goals to Albany. I just learned that D'agostino had left SU. This may be a killer event for the team whose defense was supposed to be its strength.

1. WLAX - 19 goals to MD? They only lost two defensive players from last year. So, it's a little hard to understand how they could have performed so poorly. Unless MD is the NCAA champion team this year.
2. MLAX - 16 goals to Albany. I just learned that D'agostino had left SU. This may be a killer event for the team whose defense was supposed to be its strength.

SERIOUS defensive issues for the men. They are not at all physical or aggressive. This team BADLY needs a Rick Beardsley or Regy Thorpe type of defender.

WLAX ... couldn't win any draws. It was a 2 goal game at halftime, but MD was in complete control in the 2nd half.

WLAX ... couldn't win any draws. It was a 2 goal game at halftime, but MD was in complete control in the 2nd half.
The SU athletics site gives MD an advantage of only 2 draw controls. Did MD's draw control domination happen in the second half?

The SU athletics site gives MD an advantage of only 2 draw controls. Did MD's draw control domination happen in the second half?

SU won a few late after the game was out of hand.

It seemed like MD had the ball every time I looked up.

SU won a few late after the game was out of hand.

It seemed like MD had the ball every time I looked up.
Gait pinned the loss on:
1. Defensive issues.
2. Reading their press clippings.
3. Too many dropped balls/turnovers.

Why didn't Kepney take the draw controls? Other than last year's national championship game, she was ferocious on draws last year?

Tumolo 6 turnovers??? From a senior all-american? What? Probably what Gait was alluding to.

They kicked our butts in the first half on draws. The second half we had a slight advantage but did nothing with it.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom