Bourama Sidibe undergoes knee surgery | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe undergoes knee surgery

Hope he bounces back quickly and can get to work on his game this off-season.

This kid's potential is SPECIAL -- he's a top notch talent, and if healthy will provide inside scoring that was distinctly lacking off of last year's team.

18 & 16 from a center as a freshman... I don't care if it was against our worst non-league opponent... when's the last time we had anyone do that?

A glimpse of what he can be. If we can get half that production consistently we will be 3-4 games better next year.

Hope the surgery works for him. Never heard of surgery for tendinitis. Now if the training staff could put 15 pounds of muscle on him by next season we could really have something.

They debride (remove) the unhealthy part of the tendon, which I am assuming is the patellar tendon.

My gut says this is not as bad as what DJC had done but it's not something as tried and true as ACL reconstruction. Fingers crossed for a full recovery because obviously that would go a long way toward success in 2019.

Hope the surgery works for him. Never heard of surgery for tendinitis. Now if the training staff could put 15 pounds of muscle on him by next season we could really have something.
Give give him to the football S&C guys. They’ll have 20 lbs on him by next week.

It is weird to have a surgery on a tendon. They did PRP but PRP takes months to work. I got it and it took 3-4 months to heal. From what I read they would give it about a week to work and try it again. I feel like he just needed rest but if surgery helps all power to him!

Anybody have any idea if shaving off a portion of the tendon is a good thing? Wouldn't it make the tendon looser and more subject to strain?

It is weird to have a surgery on a tendon. They did PRP but PRP takes months to work. I got it and it took 3-4 months to heal. From what I read they would give it about a week to work and try it again. I feel like he just needed rest but if surgery helps all power to him!

Anybody have any idea if shaving off a portion of the tendon is a good thing? Wouldn't it make the tendon looser and more subject to strain?

Well the diseased part of the tendon probably isn't doing much right now.

IF it is his Patellar tendon I would imagine he will have ROM and possibly weight bearing restrictions to allow it to heal properly. The rehab after that.

I am not real familiar with this surgery so take this FWIW.

Well the diseased part of the tendon probably isn't doing much right now.

IF it is his Patellar tendon I would imagine he will have ROM and possibly weight bearing restrictions to allow it to heal properly. The rehab after that.

I am not real familiar with this surgery so take this FWIW.

Ideas on timeframe to get back to normal if everything goes well?

Ideas on timeframe to get back to normal if everything goes well?

LOL Nope! The extent I know about this is the five minutes I spent reading about it on PubMed.

Pike didn't offer a specific timetable for Sidibe's return, although he should be fully recovered well before the start of the 2018-19 season.

I would guess, conservatively, that he's looking at five months or so before making a full return. All depends on the degree of surgical success, and how he and his knee respond throughout rehab.

I would guess, conservatively, that he's looking at five months or so before making a full return. All depends on the degree of surgical success, and how he and his knee respond throughout rehab.

The good news is that unlike normal people who get this type of surgical procedure, and then go to physical therapy once, maybe twice, a week -- Sidibe will have full access to the medical training staff on an everyday basis, which should help him recover his strength, flexibility, and range of motion much more aggressively.

Not suggesting that it won't take months for him to get back to 100%, but he'll have a level of medical attention and access to equipment at the Carmelo K. Anthony Center that most people wouldn't. Hope he bounces back quick -- would have been nice for him to be able to spend the off-season working on his game instead of just working to get back to being 100% physically.

I asked an orthopedic I know and while he was hesitant to give me an exact timeframe since he doesn’t know the severity and the exact procedure needed to be done, he said nominally he figures 4-6 weeks of increasing PT regimen then light physical activity increasing to full regular physical activity about 3 months later. So that looks to be nominally 4 - 4 1/2 months if everything is successful.

I actually spoke to Sidibe (saw him around downtown) a little bit over a month ago and he mentioned the knee wAs feeling much better post-surgery. He’s a really nice kid. Was smiling when he said it felt much better.

doesn't matter what article says he was operated on by a quack and also he has chronic chronic chronic tendanitis that will actually require amputation and we will have no center next year and buddy will be playing center

Give give him to the football S&C guys. They’ll have 20 lbs on him by next week.

Not sure you want to add 20lbs to a skinny guy with chronic knee problems coming off knee surgery.

The proof is will be when the season comes, but this is encouraging. He didn't seem shy about letting the staff know when he couldn't go last season, so have to think he is being just as honest now that he feels good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom