Bowlsby: Big 12 is Pro-Actively Fine at 10 teams | Syracusefan.com

Bowlsby: Big 12 is Pro-Actively Fine at 10 teams

Nothing new. They can't expand until the B10 does because they need the B10 to cause chaos. Nobody "wants" to go to the B12 but may if chaos happened again. So the only conference to watch and listen to is the B10.

That is because nobody from the ACC is going to leave for the B12 until the ACC doesn't exist anymore. ACC teams will only leave to better there situation and the B12 isn't a "better" situation than the ACC.

The key to remember with increasing TV contracts is that scaling becomes an issue. If a conference is going to expand, each new team needs to be able to bring in MORE per year than the current per-team yearly average the current contract provides. So, if Big 12 teams are making $25M each at 10 teams, then any team invited would have to guarantee that the league will be bringing something greater than $25 per year. Furthermore, there is a minimal level in which the league wants in return. Let's assume that's an additional $2M per team (which is what SU and Pitt brought to the ACC, I beleive), then that means FSU, Cinci, Miami or whoever, will need to bring to the table additional revenues of $47M/year ($25M for the team, $20M for all other 10 teams, and $2M more for the team to keep in line with the new rates the current teams would be getting). Who can bring in that kind of dollars other than ND or maybe FSU?

Nothing new. They can't expand until the B10 does because they need the B10 to cause chaos. Nobody "wants" to go to the B12 but may if chaos happened again. So the only conference to watch and listen to is the B10.

B10 and SEC, but otherwise, I agree. The strange thing to me, which I believe is in our favor, is that no one else has joined the Big 10 yet. The bigger fish in the ACC are still out there. If the Big 10 was such a slam dunk increase for all ACC schools that they couldn't refuse, it seems like UVA and UNC/GT, whoever, would already be there. The longer it's quiet, the longer you think Maryland was just easy prey because of their financial disaster. Throw any shiny proposal in front of them and they would jump at it. That's going to be my orange colored glasses view anyway.

It's obvious that Bowlsby has not been briefed on Big 12 expansion yet. He should give the Dude a call.

What's the over/under for the day the Dude, MVHer or Swaim releases their next "scoop"? My guess is 7 days.

It's obvious that Bowlsby has not been briefed on Big 12 expansion yet. He should give the Dude a call.

What's the over/under for the day the Dude, MVHer or Swaim releases their next "scoop"? My guess is 7 days.

I'll take the under. The Dude is on the walkie~talkie right now to his source, gummer, whose out guarding the still

B10 and SEC, but otherwise, I agree. The strange thing to me, which I believe is in our favor, is that no one else has joined the Big 10 yet. The bigger fish in the ACC are still out there. If the Big 10 was such a slam dunk increase for all ACC schools that they couldn't refuse, it seems like UVA and UNC/GT, whoever, would already be there. The longer it's quiet, the longer you think Maryland was just easy prey because of their financial disaster. Throw any shiny proposal in front of them and they would jump at it. That's going to be my orange colored glasses view anyway.

I don't think the SEC cares.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Apparently Kevin Harlan mentioned the other day that per his sources, Kansas is a prime target for the B1G. So, how do the Mountaineers take this news from a credible sports media journalist and game announcer? They say he's playing to his base! So, the Dude, Swaim and MVHer are to be believed according to that deluded board membership, but Harlan has no idea what he's talking about. LOL.

Apparently Kevin Harlan mentioned the other day that per his sources, Kansas is a prime target for the B1G. So, how do the Mountaineers take this news from a credible sports media journalist and game announcer? They say he's playing to his base! So, the Dude, Swaim and MVHer are to be believed according to that deluded board membership, but Harlan has no idea what he's talking about. LOL.

What can we do but step back and enjoy the show? Please pass the popcorn.