Brace yourself. Dickie V thinks Duke is going | Syracusefan.com

Brace yourself. Dickie V thinks Duke is going

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
to go on a run. I know. I know. This came out of left filed. First, him talking about Duke in the middle of a close ND vs UNC game. But Dickie thinks the Dukies will go on a run after that impressive win at home against Pitt yesterday.

to go on a run. I know. I know. This came out of left filed. First, him talking about Duke in the middle of a close ND vs UNC game. But Dickie thinks the Dukies will go on a run after that impressive win at home against Pitt yesterday.

Duke was preseason #1. Hardly a big leap to say they might go on a run.

My favorite line from the Dukie lovers is every game they win could potentially be a season changer. They are a solid team in a solid ACC. Not a powerhouse like people thought.

shocking !

North+Carolina+v+Duke+IFmP9K1Fixqx.jpg

Wow, C Kellogg, whom i respect, just said on cbs that he had Duk as a 3 seed! We are 1/2 game up on Duk right now in acc obviously. But it reminds you, no matter how much duk struggles, they will wind up with a better seed than you would expect. Just how life works

K as a coach and like 4 future nba players, they probably should/will go on a run. Still dont see them in FF but we shall see...

Well K just returned to the team after his back issue ... we know how Syracuse has performed without JB in the past. It would not be a stretch to see Duke improve somewhat from this point forward.

Ohhhh. So THAT'S why my Carolina friend was grumbling today about how much dick Vitale loves Duke. I see it was actually related to a real thing, and not just stream of consciousness out of nowhere. That is good, because my friend, Chapel Hill Bill, is 83 and paranoid.

They better learn how to play defense. As it stands, I think we will light them up.

They're on a mini-run right now, 3 wins in a row. With UNC up next I don't think they'll make it 4.

They should beat Wake Forest at home but if they don't they could conceivably lose their last 6 conference games, 4 of the other 5 are away games.

They're on a mini-run right now, 3 wins in a row. With UNC up next I don't think they'll make it 4.

They should beat Wake Forest at home but if they don't they could conceivably lose their last 6 conference games, 4 of the other 5 are away games.
Unc is going to pound them

Unc is going to pound them

Almost never works like that in a rivalry game. It could happen, but unlikely. I still can't believe how average Duke seems to be with the personnel they have. Any other team would be getting destroyed in the media for performing at this level with that talent.

Almost never works like that in a rivalry game. It could happen, but unlikely. I still can't believe how average Duke seems to be with the personnel they have. Any other team would be getting destroyed in the media for performing at this level with that talent.

I was thinking the same thing the last year they won a NC. They can be deceiving. Regardless, when Duke loses, especially at home, it makes me smile.

There have been plenty of close and not close games in this rivalry over the years

There have been plenty of close and not close games in this rivalry over the years

Yeah I know. I just mean you can't really predict it very well. Duke has so much talent that it is hard to imagine them getting blown out by anybody - of course it can happen, but when something seems to point to an obvious outcome in a rivalry game, seems like that opposite happens more often than not.

Yeah I know. I just mean you can't really predict it very well. Duke has so much talent that it is hard to imagine them getting blown out by anybody - of course it can happen, but when something seems to point to an obvious outcome in a rivalry game, seems like that opposite happens more often than not.
I just cannot see how Duke competes with that size. In a lot of ways us and Duke are similarly styled

Are they as talented as everyone thought? Bolden was supposed to be a top 10 pick and he's averaging 2 points a game. They have no PG and no Center.

Are they as talented as everyone thought? Bolden was supposed to be a top 10 pick and he's averaging 2 points a game. They have no PG and no Center.

Seems like they are similar to us. Very talented parts, something missing to make it all come together (like PG). We are hopefully on the road to recovery on that front, but still will never be completely free of it. Who knows what Duke can/will do to improve. But just like you can't count out JB, it would be foolish to count out K.

Let them run Dickie, let them run into the Dome on Feb 22. We have a surprise for them. Be great if Dickie gets to work the game!!

Agree with several above. We are two teams with "missing parts" And all these freshmen have not seen the zone yet. Jefferson & Roberson will be a great matchup...again.

Let them run Dickie, let them run into the Dome on Feb 22. We have a surprise for them. Be great if Dickie gets to work the game!!

Agree with several above. We are two teams with "missing parts" And all these freshmen have not seen the zone yet. Jefferson & Roberson will be a great matchup...again.

Storm the court vs Duke!

Do not be afraid to trip Grayson as you run by...