Bracket matrix | Syracusefan.com

Bracket matrix

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2017

According to this there's 21 Slots really open as non-locks for 35 teams.

My question is why is there (6) 11 seeds in the scenario?
In this list I consider Notre Dame in as the last lock and Southern Methodist the first non-lock

And then I consider auburn is the last team with even an outside chance at taking a slot

The person "Res" on Bracketmatrix has Nova has a 3 seed and Kansas as a 5 seed. What?

I'm thinking that person is from the state of Kentucky. They have Louisville and UK as one seeds. The guy must be drunk.

We were in the First 4 Out category pre-Clemson.

Clemson 2 spots ahead of us and Miami 1 spot behind us. Wake 2nd in first 4 out - GaTech 2nd in next 4 out

If we maintain in our current 4th place standing in the ACC I believe we will be a 4th to a 6th seed. Going 4-2 in our remaining games should do that.

If we maintain in our current 4th place standing in the ACC I believe we will be a 4th to a 6th seed. Going 4-2 in our remaining games should do that.

No chance. You have to look at body of work. Maybe if the four wins include UL twice and Duke as well as a deep ACCT run. The horrendous losses are still there (many blowouts) and achieving nothing in the non-conference. Conference record does not matter. It is whole body of work and who you beat.

Last edited:
The person "Res" on Bracketmatrix has Nova has a 3 seed and Kansas as a 5 seed. What?

Res' brackets should not be on the matrix at all. He seeds teams based on his ranking system.

It would be like using KenPom rankings for the matrix. There is nothing wrong with KP's rankings. But they do not align at all with where a team will be seeded, and KenPom would be the first to admit that.

Now that the bracket matrix is over a 100 people, they should snip a few. I guess with such a large group the outliers really don't matter in the end.

Sometimes, I wonder if I should create a blog and go back to the matrix. I was on there for early on (maybe 6 or 7 years ago). But in reality, I have no interest in going through the minutia of seeding 68 teams every 2 or 3 days. I much prefer making observations, tracking teams, making big picture projections, tracking good or bad results and writing on those. I probably contribute more discussion than many of those guys on the matrix, but I have no actual desire to do the output that the Matrix actually needs. At this point I just rely on the matrix consensus for the most part, as a reference point for my observations.

Last edited:

We would also have to win the ACCT for that to happen.

4 seed is out of the picture. But with 2 ACC wins, I don't totally downplay a rise to a 6 or even 5 seed.

Once we become a team that is clearly above the bubble line, I sometimes think the warts get significantly downplayed. My observation anyway (no hard data to prove it) -- it seems the warts matter more when they are trying to differentiate bubble teams, instead of seeding the clearly in teams.

Last edited:
The 2005-06 team was 23-11 heading into the tournament in a pretty similar strong conference. If we finish 21-12 or so I think we are a 6 or 7 seed. Way to early to be worrying about this IMO.

The 2005-06 team was 23-11 heading into the tournament in a pretty similar strong conference. If we finish 21-12 or so I think we are a 6 or 7 seed. Way to early to be worrying about this IMO.

Agreed. We have still quite a bit of work to do just to get in.

In 2006 we knocked off a bubble team and three straight ranked teams including number one and got a five seed. Correct me if I'm wrong but 21-12 would have us going 5-2 and going one and done (again in the ACCT).

I don't know.

In 2006 we knocked off a bubble team and three straight ranked teams including number one and got a five seed. Correct me if I'm wrong but 21-12 would have us going 5-2 and going one and done (again in the ACCT).

I don't know.

Whoops. My Math was bad. I hope we can go 4-2 down the stretch and 1-1 in the ACC at least. I think if we do that and are around 22-12 we can be a 6 or 7 depending on who we beat. We've already done a good job beating the bubble teams we have played so far, we just need to take care of Georgia Tech. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Whoops. My Math was bad. I hope we can go 4-2 down the stretch and 1-1 in the ACC at least. I think if we do that and are around 22-12 we can be a 6 or 7 depending on who we beat. We've already done a good job beating the bubble teams we have played so far, we just need to take care of Georgia Tech. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Nm we have six games left. My bad.

Res' brackets should not be on the matrix at all. He seeds teams based on his ranking system.

It would be like using KenPom rankings for the matrix. There is nothing wrong with KP's rankings. But they do not align at all with where a team will be seeded, and KenPom would be the first to admit that.

Now that the bracket matrix is over a 100 people, they should snip a few. I guess with such a large group the outliers really don't matter in the end.

Sometimes, I wonder if I should create a blog and go back to the matrix. I was on there for early on (maybe 6 or 7 years ago). But in reality, I have no interest in going through the minutia of seeding 68 teams every 2 or 3 days. I much prefer making observations, tracking teams, making big picture projections, tracking good or bad results and writing on those. I probably contribute more discussion than many of those guys on the matrix, but I have no actual desire to do the output that the Matrix actually needs. At this point I just rely on the matrix consensus for the most part, as a reference point for my observations.
I agree also Well said

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom