Bracketology, Third Edition: Bubble Becomes Clearer (LaxMag) | Syracusefan.com

Bracketology, Third Edition: Bubble Becomes Clearer (LaxMag)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
BracketMDI-1-april28.jpg

The skinny: Syracuse and Colgate are in, by way of winning the ACC and Patriot tournaments. The Orange get the top seed here but it's a very close race between them and Notre Dame. Two more top-10 wins gives Syracuse the edge here, although Notre Dame has a head-to-head win. Colgate made a huge RPI jump to No. 10, and I don't see them figuring in to the play-in game conversation, especially with Syracuse as its final regular season opponent on Saturday. I'll note one more time that other four teams in this group is the projected tournament AQ winners, presuming the top seeds at the moment will win. That, of course, could not happen which would muddy up the bubble. Denver is the only team that is bubble-proof of this group, although the Pioneers could save themselves any worry by locking up the Big East. Albany, Brown and Johns Hopkins, if they don't win -- or at the very least advance to the finals of -- their conference tournaments, will be squarely on the bubble come Sunday. The Blue Jays put themselves right back in NCAA consideration with the win over Maryland on Saturday night. Albany and Brown have the two worest strength of schedules of any two teams in the potential at-large field.

http://www.laxmagazine.com/college_...on_i_mens_lacrosse_bracketology_third_edition

With the exception of the PIG winner, and the Pios, we would be guaranteed to face an opponent we've played and beaten (twice, in Duke's case :eek:) right up until the championship game. Dislike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom