Brackets, Brackets, and more Brackets | Syracusefan.com

Brackets, Brackets, and more Brackets

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
If any of you want to drive yourself crazy: This guy has compiled a very comprehensive list of brackets out there.

Currently we are on the outside looking in right now. However, if we beat @Miami and get to the ACC Semis we will creep back in a few brackets. Who knows...the next 10-12 days will be crazy as always.

Our more reasonable expectation is the NIT. A big monkey off the team's back guaranteeing the 50th consecutive winning season (51st consecutive non losing season 69-70 team finished 12-12) by beating BC.

If we beat @Miami and win one game in the ACC tournament I think they get a NIT 3 or 4 seed.

So where do play? SRC, Glen's Falls?
Utica? Rochester made the most sense but the Wrestling event appears to be a deal killer. I'm not so sure myself but what do I know. My logic: play the game on March 17th. The wrestling match opens the doors at 6pm on March 18th. Maybe it is a manpower issue to breakdown a basketball court? It would be built over a hockey rink.

My choice after Rochester is probably SRC but Glen's Falls is a decent backup.

NIT info

The only NIT predictor had us 5th seed before the BC game.

unh, depressing that the NIT link, is midmajormadness.com :vomit:

The bracket matrix is a great tool to use whether someone is hardcore into the selection process or doesn't really care for it at all.

I use it for all my tracking, comparisons to other teams. Basically as a starting point. But for those that just hate the minutia of discussing "resumes" and "Metrics" and all that crap, it is just a simple thing to look at to see how teams are doing and you don't have to read those cringy words of resume or metrics.

For those that want metrics this is where I pull them from:

But that site doesn't have "standings" or as of now seedings like the matrix does. Wish he had a column for standing on the bracket matrix and then that would make one very resourceful and quick to load report.

Last edited:
If any of you want to drive yourself crazy: This guy has compiled a very comprehensive list of brackets out there.

Currently we are on the outside looking in right now. However, if we beat @Miami and get to the ACC Semis we will creep back in a few brackets. Who knows...the next 10-12 days will be crazy as always.

Our more reasonable expectation is the NIT. A big monkey off the team's back guaranteeing the 50th consecutive winning season (51st consecutive non losing season 69-70 team finished 12-12) by beating BC.

If we beat @Miami and win one game in the ACC tournament I think they get a NIT 3 or 4 seed.

So where do play? SRC, Glen's Falls?
Utica? Rochester made the most sense but the Wrestling event appears to be a deal killer. I'm not so sure myself but what do I know. My logic: play the game on March 17th. The wrestling match opens the doors at 6pm on March 18th. Maybe it is a manpower issue to breakdown a basketball court? It would be built over a hockey rink.

My choice after Rochester is probably SRC but Glen's Falls is a decent backup.

NIT info

The only NIT predictor had us 5th seed before the BC game.

If NIT ends up being where they go, I’ll be happy to watch them one more game at least.

I would say we need 3 wins to get in the discussion.4 wins might get us in.

I'm just happy we kept the season winning streak alive. UCLA holds the all time record of 54 seasons.

Will Jim hang on five more years?