Bradley says McQueary will be coaching?! | Syracusefan.com

Bradley says McQueary will be coaching?!

MikeSU02

Living Legend
darrenrovell darren rovell

PSU interim coach Tom Bradley says Mike McQueary will be coaching on Saturday. I'm shocked. But shouldn't be.

Remember, yesterday morning we were "told" Paterno will retire at the end of the year. There is 0% chance McQueary is on the sidelines Saturday. ZERO.

Remember, yesterday morning we were "told" Paterno will retire at the end of the year. There is 0% chance McQueary is on the sidelines Saturday. ZERO.

Rovell echoes your sentiment:

darrenrovell darren rovell

PSU interim coach Tom Bradley says Mike McQueary will be coaching on Saturday. I'm shocked. But shouldn't be.

I still place the odds at only slightly better than 50/50 that there will be a game on Saturday.

I agree with Rush's statement regardless if He was a member of the Black panthers and a Malcolm X crony

I still place the odds at only slightly better than 50/50 that there will be a game on Saturday.

I think there will be a game, but I would expect that Nebraska is looking for assurances that there will be a much higher level of security after what happened last night. You never know what a group of knuckleheads are going to do and how that could escalate. 100,000 people in one place, a percentage of which will be young knuckleheads, coupled with a volatile situation, is not a good mix. And what if Nebraska starts putting the wood to the Lions on the field? So many questions.

I think there will be a game, but I would expect that Nebraska is looking for assurances that there will be a much higher level of security after what happened last night. You never know what a group of knuckleheads are going to do and how that could escalate. 100,000 people in one place, a percentage of which will be young knuckleheads, coupled with a volatile situation, is not a good mix. And what if Nebraska starts putting the wood to the Lions on the field? So many questions.

Penn State has to be happy that it's a NOON game.

I imagine the game and 100,000 people in attendance will attract all sorts of whack jobs to protest. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up looking like an Operation Rescue Abortion clinic style siege environment. One can envision the idiots from NAMBLA showing up to protest on one side and others protesting the other side, mixed in with 50,000 drunks who are all emotionally distraught over the demise of Paterno and the Lion's football program. If the Saturday game is played and it goes well it will be a miracle.

That doesn't even get into the fact that the University is still showing itself more concerned about pulling off an athletic event and seeing that their precious football program continues to operate as close to "ordinary course" as circumstances will allow then they are in getting to the bottom of what has been going on and sending a clear message about what Penn State University stands for.

For God's sake Tom Bradley was a Paterno assistant for over 30 years. He took over for Sandusky after Sandusky just out of the blue decided to retire at age 55. Are you really going to tell me that he had no inkling of what was going on there?

If they let him coach on Saturday then they better damn well let him go to Columbus and Madison, so he can be tormented all day long.

I imagine the game and 100,000 people in attendance will attract all sorts of whack jobs to protest. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up looking like an Operation Rescue Abortion clinic style siege environment. One can envision the idiots from NAMBLA showing up to protest on one side and others protesting the other side, mixed in with 50,000 drunks who are all emotionally distraught over the demise of Paterno and the Lion's football program. If the Saturday game is played and it goes well it will be a miracle.

That doesn't even get into the fact that the University is still showing itself more concerned about pulling off an athletic event and seeing that their precious football program continues to operate as close to "ordinary course" as circumstances will allow then they are in getting to the bottom of what has been going on and sending a clear message about what Penn State University stands for.

For God's sake Tom Bradley was a Paterno assistant for over 30 years. He took over for Sandusky after Sandusky just out of the blue decided to retire at age 55. Are you really going to tell me that he had no inkling of what was going on there?

If I were the Big 10, I would be discussing with each school the possibility of moving the game to someplace like Heinz Field, just in case. I know it's probably a little too late to make plans like that (and I don't even know if Pitt is home this week), but they should have a Plan B.

Honestly, I don't see how they could postpone or cancel the game at this point without starting a completely different kind of riot. People have already bought tickets, made travel plans, etc, and the game is only 48 hours away. If they were going to do anything, they would have done it last night. I think what we are going to see is your typical college football game atmosphere...with a few small additions...such as 200 or so more cops (with riot gear on standby), several hundred protesters, more media coverage than any college football game has ever had...dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria. Bobby Bowden would say "It'll be a hoot."

The University of Nebraska may be having some thoughts about what they might be getting themselves into?

Sage.

That doesn't even get into the fact that the University is still showing itself more concerned about...sending a clear message about what Penn State University stands for.

You mean football, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom