Brandon Triche’s Career | Syracusefan.com

Brandon Triche’s Career

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
121-26

I always look back on the “Golden Age” of Syracuse basketball, and think whether or not Brandon Triche had some deeper overlooked impact on those teams. Of course, he was a very talented and solid player for us. But this period we were 121-26 and spent considerable time with #1 next to our team name.

He’s not an NBA guy but to this day, with Devo, is maybe the most important piece to the TBT team. What is it about Brandon that helps everywhere he goes throw up W’s? I could make similar threads about CJ, Kris and others. But I feel like Triche never got his dues on this forum.

121-26

I always look back on the “Golden Age” of Syracuse basketball, and think whether or not Brandon Triche had some deeper overlooked impact on those teams. Of course, he was a very talented and solid player for us. But this period we were 121-26 and spent considerable time with #1 next to our team name.

He’s not an NBA guy but to this day, with Devo, is maybe the most important piece to the TBT team. What is it about Brandon that helps everywhere he goes throw up W’s? I could make similar threads about CJ, Kris and others. But I feel like Triche never got his dues on this forum.

Average to good in all aspects of the game, unselfish - a steady, well rounded player.

Average to good in all aspects of the game, unselfish - a steady, well rounded player.
Agreed. Just find it weird that it’s so evident Boeheim’s Army needs him, while the team is full of past or present NBA talent. Brandon was never a draftable prospect imo after his freshman/sophomore year, yet I’d put him in before Gbinije, White, Gillon, and Crawford if the win was on the line.

Agreed. Just find it weird that it’s so evident Boeheim’s Army needs him, while the team is full of past or present NBA talent. Brandon was never a draftable prospect imo after his freshman/sophomore year, yet I’d put him in before Gbinije, White, Gillon, and Crawford if the win was on the line.

I don’t know. If Brandon had shot 38% from 3 as opposed to 28% his senior year, i wonder if he would’ve been draftable?

That was by far his worst 3 point shooting season.

The defensive intelligence & offensive steadiness he brought were really important. He may not have been the “point guard”, but if we had him on any of the last 3 teams we would have been nationally ranked and a contender to go deeper. I’m convinced of that.

He had some really big games here that often get overlooked. His performance at Louisville his senior year is one of the best games any Syracuse player has had the past ten to 15 years. He, Fair, MCW were the primary reasons we won 30 games that season. I always though he should have been a PG, but he was always stuck with Scoop or MCW and he was the better player off the ball. I would have taken him over any player on our roster this past season.

If Brandon Triche had played here post 2013 he would have gotten 35+ MPG and would have put up bigger numbers.
The guy never got to play the minutes Cooney and Battle got to play every game.
It’s too bad.

Our best players oftentimes aren't our best prospects. Triche, Moten, Douglas.....

You know who played in all but one game in two seasons in which SU went to Final Fours and is one of only two SU players to play in two final fours for SU.

Our best players oftentimes aren't our best prospects. Triche, Moten, Douglas...

You know who played in all but one game in two seasons in which SU went to Final Fours and is one of only two SU players to play in two final fours for SU.

I think Cooney and Triches success came from having better guards around them their 4 years good players but never were the ‘guy’ Triche was backed up by MCW and Dion. Cooney was great with Ennis. Both guys were better defensively than our more talented guards they played with.

Triches senior team that made the final four was a great team but likely the third best he played on 2010 and 2012 both a little better. But 2013 him and MCW was the best defensive guard play I’ve seen from the JB zone by a wide margin.

great player for us on the hill . as i recall triche may have got the starts early on but scoop always finished when the game was close. i always admire loyalty so i admire both players.

Last edited: