Brandon Triche | Syracusefan.com

Brandon Triche

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Have any of you seen a funk quite like this? Very strange. It's almost like when he makes a poor play, you don't expect him to top it, but sure enough..

When I think of the phrase "smooth bball player", Brandon might be the last player to come to mind. Even when he is making shots, it's often not pretty or textbook form. In fact I think he makes more complicated shots than open looks.

It's imperative he gets going for any sort of run in march. Captain obvious, I know. I'd love to have him attack from the tip, get an easy one, get to the line. No more off balance threes to start the game.

I can almost forgive the abysmal shooting but the turnovers and bad defense drive me crazy.

Have any of you seen a funk quite like this? Very strange. It's almost like when he makes a poor play, you don't expect him to top it, but sure enough..

When I think of the phrase "smooth bball player", Brandon might be the last player to come to mind. Even when he is making shots, it's often not pretty or textbook form. In fact I think he makes more complicated shots than open looks.

It's imperative he gets going for any sort of run in march. Captain obvious, I know. I'd love to have him attack from the tip, get an easy one, get to the line. No more off balance threes to start the game.

Players slump for various reasons all the time [across every sport], but you are right--I've never seen a collapse of this magnitude in our program before.

He took a 10 foot jumper that he airballed on Saturday. Oh Lord His head is a mess right now.

He did have 29 points 4 games ago which is why this recent slump is maddening. I really paid attention Saturday and I am crediting Georgetown for their defense more than guys just playing bad. We could not get any separation and they constantly clamped down on our ballhandlers with a swarming defense. It was like they had 6 guys on the floor playing defense against our 5.

easier said than done but the team needs to take the attitude of just going out there and having fun. screw everything else. the pressure is off now. nobody is expecting ANYTHING from these guys outside of they themselves.

so screw everyone else. just go out there and play. have fun. and of course remember that the game is more fun when you win. everything else will take care of itself.

It's called good man defense. I'd love to see our program try it one of these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did have 20 points 4 games ago which is why this recent slump is maddening. I really paid attention Saturday and I am crediting Georgetown for their defense more than guys just playing bad. We could not get any separation and they constantly clamped down on our ballhandlers with a swarming defense. It was like they had 6 guys on the floor playing defense against our 5.

They also clamped down because we give no threat down low.

But yeah, man, we look worse in person. Brandon was drifting, not squared up, shortarming, just looked really really lost out there.

Again on Southerland, missing the front end of a 1 on 1 is a turnover...he was squared up just fine on his shots. I miss the old days where he would sit if he came out and missed a few.

I get the impression JB is throwing it out there and hoping thoes two guy get hot and have CJ slash all over the place, but I wouldn't bet on that working. :bang:

They also clamped down because we give no threat down low.

But yeah, man, we look worse in person. Brandon was drifting, not squared up, shortarming, just looked really really lost out there.

Again on Southerland, missing the front end of a 1 on 1 is a turnover...he was squared up just fine on his shots. I miss the old days where he would sit if he came out and missed a few.

I get the impression JB is throwing it out there and hoping thoes two guy get hot and have CJ slash all over the place, but I wouldn't bet on that working. :bang:

The missed FT's and then a subsequent missed jumper by James opened the floodgates to end the first half.

We kept yelling to pound it into Rak (I cant believe I just typed those words).

He did have 29 points 4 games ago which is why this recent slump is maddening. I really paid attention Saturday and I am crediting Georgetown for their defense more than guys just playing bad. We could not get any separation and they constantly clamped down on our ballhandlers with a swarming defense. It was like they had 6 guys on the floor playing defense against our 5.

Part of the issue is that we make ourselves easy to defend.

I hate the "set" where we have MCW, Triche, and Southerland all up top above the three point line, swinging it around the perimeter back and forth with no penetration.

Georgetown countered in both games with a 3-2 zone so that someone could quickly get out to cover where any of those players caught the ball. Made it seem like white on rice.

Part of the issue is that we make ourselves easy to defend.

I hate the "set" where we have MCW, Triche, and Southerland all up top above the three point line, swinging it around the perimeter back and forth with no penetration.

Georgetown countered in both games with a 3-2 zone so that someone could quickly get out to cover where any of those players caught the ball. Made it seem like white on rice.

It looked like the Harlem Globetrotters doing a weave outside the arc. Terrible offensive sets. Very easy to defend I agree.

The missed FT's and then a subsequent missed jumper by James opened the floodgates to end the first half.

We kept yelling to pound it into Rak (I cant believe I just typed those words).

I just cannot believe we put the ball in his hands as the go to...same guy who passed open a WIDE OPEN 3 against Marquette in the tourney to pass it to a completely shocked Rick Jackson in no mans land 17 feet from the hole on the baseline.

More Grant if those shots don't fall quick.

If you have key guys that are struggling, shouldn't it be on the coaches to get them easy shots early in the game to boost their confidence. Get Brandon and James moving without the ball. The lack of motion in our offense is extremely disappointing. Anyone can guard a tree.

If you have key guys that are struggling, shouldn't it be on the coaches to get them easy shots early in the game to boost their confidence. Get Brandon and James moving without the ball. The lack of motion in our offense is extremely disappointing. Anyone can guard a tree.

James took a bunch of midrange jumpers, didn't hit any of em. The coaches left him out there.

The offensive movement / execution we've seen this year is amongst the worst I have ever from an SU team. Some of it is shot making capability, but it has a lot more to do with movement off the ball and not running the sets [which incidentally are the same base sets we've used for years, often to great effect]. Too much dribbling with no purpose, too much one-on-one. The halfcourt offensive execution sucks this year.

And another thing- Otto Porter destroyed our zone second half.

Put on a clinic of how to attack the ft line area for an open shot or pass to open teammates outside or on the block.

People think teams with good three point shooters hurt us. While that's true, the zone forces you to take deep shots. You don't beat it by jacking, you beat it by attacking. This is why a Gonzaga type team would hurt us the most IMO. Guys like Elias Harris would live at the free throw line and just dump it to Olynek if rak/Keita contested.

Wow, it feels more like 4 score and 7 years ago. :noidea:

I just cannot believe we put the ball in his hands as the go to...same guy who passed open a WIDE OPEN 3 against Marquette in the tourney to pass it to a completely shocked Rick Jackson in no mans land 17 feet from the hole on the baseline.

More Grant if those shots don't fall quick.
He's a frontrunner

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

People really need to get off of Triche, he is the same player he has been the last 3 years. Some of you just wanted him to be all world and he is just not, he's a good supporting player, that does the best he can, with what he's got. We are running the same offense we have been running for the past few seasons, only difference is the players who are running it. Even last season our half court offense looked pretty similar, we got the majority of our points on the break and struggled in the halfcourt. I wish we would go back to running the offense that is centered around a quality 3 who could get his shot or find the open man, but we haven't seen the likes of that since Warrick senior year?

I can almost forgive the abysmal shooting but the turnovers and bad defense drive me crazy.

He had one TO last game and defense was about the only thing he did well.

People really need to get off of Triche, he is the same player he has been the last 3 years. Some of you just wanted him to be all world and he is just not, he's a good supporting player, that does the best he can, with what he's got. We are running the same offense we have been running for the past few seasons, only difference is the players who are running it. Even last season our half court offense looked pretty similar, we got the majority of our points on the break and struggled in the halfcourt.
Agree entirely. The problem with your statement though is that he is being asked to be a lead player and I have a hard time blaming the coaches for putting him in this position. Ultimately it comes down to there really are no better options this year. The Brandon Triche that JB always says we have only shows up about 4 times a season. If ever there was a player positioned to have everything come together for end of senior season run its Brandon. Doubt it happens though because it hasn't yet.

People really need to get off of Triche, he is the same player he has been the last 3 years. Some of you just wanted him to be all world and he is just not, he's a good supporting player, that does the best he can, with what he's got. We are running the same offense we have been running for the past few seasons, only difference is the players who are running it. Even last season our half court offense looked pretty similar, we got the majority of our points on the break and struggled in the halfcourt. I wish we would go back to running the offense that is centered around a quality 3 who could get his shot or find the open man, but we haven't seen the likes of that since Warrick senior year?

Though we add a play or take out a play based on personnel, we've been running the same base plays for over a decade. Your point is correct--the effectiveness is based on the players running it in a given season. Some years we are better than others at getting to our second and third options in the plays.

He may be in a season long funk, but he got named 3rd team All-Big East when I can honestly only remember 2 solid Big East games from Triche @Louisville and @Seton Hall. I can' t remember another all-league performance from BT in Big East play. The Big East must down this year, but Congrats one of our kids getting named 3rd team along with C.J. Fair and Michael Carter-Williams(2nd team BE, but Fair got robbed from the 1st team IMO)

I think our late season slump cost CJ a first team appearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom