Braswell | Syracusefan.com

Braswell

Is going to redshirt obviously. Correct? Lots of potential but he’s not a contributor this year

Barring frontcourt injuries, I think it would be a great move. If for no other reason than to give his physical development a chance to catch up to his skill level / athleticism [similar to how it would have benefited BJ Johnson to redshirt].

I think that Guerrier--even arriving in January--might be a better frontcourt break-glass-in-emergency insurance policy this year if needed, so it makes sense to redshirt Braswell.

JB has been saying in pressers that he will play "9-10" guys. By my count, Braswell is 11th on the totem pole (ignoring QG for now). That leads me to think Braswell is a good bet to shirt.

As others have mentioned, it could make sense to have QG be eligible from day 1.

only makes sense to shirt him if he is going to be a four year player with limited next level potential. i am not sold on that one way or the other. if he is not going to stay for four years, he may as well get his feet wet this season.

He would only see mop-up time.

Barring frontcourt injuries, I think it would be a great move. If for no other reason than to give his physical development a chance to catch up to his skill level / athleticism [similar to how it would have benefited BJ Johnson to redshirt].

I think that Guerrier--even arriving in January--might be a better frontcourt break-glass-in-emergency insurance policy this year if needed, so it makes sense to redshirt Braswell.
Guerrier will not play this year.

He would only see mop-up time.
That's what the #11 man on bench does. I got tired last year of watching Dolezaj and Brissette and Frank etc. playing in the last 5 minutes of blowouts. This is one way to lower the top guys minutes, give the token blowout minutes to the bench guys. The guys that play way before the walk-ons get in. We haven't had any for a few years I think people forgot about them.

That's what the #11 man on bench does. I got tired last year of watching Dolezaj and Brissette and Frank etc. playing in the last 5 minutes of blowouts. This is one way to lower the top guys minutes, give the token blowout minutes to the bench guys. The guys that play way before the walk-ons get in. We haven't had any for a few years I think people forgot about them.

how many blowouts did we have?

Mookie aka JB's "Human Victory Cigar" says HI!! :p

JB regularly leaves starters in way longer than necessary - never understood it.

It would make a lot of sense just too much talent in front of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom