Bravo! | Syracusefan.com

Bravo!

This is a team. Say what you want, JB does his best coaching when he has no superstars that carry the team from start to finish. These kids never give in, never give up. Sure some stupid plays and a little carelessness, but when the refs failed to do their job, SU recovered and won the game.

This is a team. Say what you want, JB does his best coaching when he has no superstars that carry the team from start to finish. These kids never give in, never give up. Sure some stupid plays and a little carelessness, but when the refs failed to do their job, SU recovered and won the game.
I agree! It's not pretty by any means but the team is maximizing it's ability. Say what you want about the overall talent but the effort is incredible.

I hear this a lot but what does it mean and how can it be objectively quantified?

I absolutely agree with the team win. Little concerned that 17 of our 20 fouls were on our big men. Really think there were some places where better player management could have protected a couple of our starting bigs. No excuse for the dumb fouls we still pick up. Yes the refs were tough, but they were tough both ways. Damn feed kept locking up over the last 10 minutes so I never saw the foul that took Dolezaj out. Still a super win against all odds at the end.

An ugly win is still a win. 2nd half defense once again sucked. Dumb fouls. Dolezaj asked for that technical and he got it. After playing one of his best games against Duke he followed it up with one of his worst. Girard too was not very good. But Edwards made some plays, Goodine made a great play, and Boehiem moving down to forward did well. Elijah got his 20. I thought those missed free throws were going to kill us. Almost. On to NC State.

I hear this a lot but what does it mean and how can it be objectively quantified?
Fair point, but it passes the eye test.

Perhaps because HoF coaches pull wins from nowhere (or out of something not suitable to say on a family site). Anyway, JAB wins with whatever players he has.

I absolutely agree with the team win. Little concerned that 17 of our 20 fouls were on our big men. Really think there were some places where better player management could have protected a couple of our starting bigs. No excuse for the dumb fouls we still pick up. Yes the refs were tough, but they were tough both ways. Damn feed kept locking up over the last 10 minutes so I never saw the foul that took Dolezaj out. Still a super win against all odds at the end.

Watch it later on ESPN replay or the highlights on You Tube. The MD call was a poor call, especially after blowing the flagrant on Wake when they shoved Buddy out of bounds on a loose ball. No way he was going for the ball, only shoving BB to the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom