Breaking: NCAA Rules Committee Recommends Goal-Mouth Arc | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Breaking: NCAA Rules Committee Recommends Goal-Mouth Arc

That Lax Film Room guy was asking a fun round of questions on twitter:

"If you dive from outside the crease, score, touch your feet down outside the inner crease and then fall into the inner crease, is that a legal dive? Technically you didn't leave your feet to dive into the inner crease"

"What happens if a player dives, makes contact with a goalie who is in the inner crease but lands outside of the inner crease? Will refs have to make a determination about whether contact occurs inside the semi cylinder of the inner crease?"

"Since there is only 3 ft between the edge of the crease & the inner crease & most players are more than 3 ft tall, isn't dragging your feet outside the crease & falling a better option than diving in many cases because it allows a player to fall into the inner crease?"

As silly and comically complex as all of this sounds, these are real questions that refs, coaches, announcers, opposing teammates, etc will be debating and spending way to much time thinking about instead of the actual freaking game of lacrosse. So unbelievably stupid that the choice was to double down and further complicate this nonsense that nobody understands instead of getting rid of it all together. All the football lines and random other lines from other sports that are already on your average lacrosse field and now every NCAA field has to add this dumb crease within a crease nonsense to be in compliance and even further confuse casual fans.

Imagine trying to explain this crap to Roy Simmons Sr. if he were still with us, or others of the old guard. Imagine explaining this to older generations of Native Americans who played the sport. "Hey, Mr. Jim Brown. Looking for some clarification on the game you love sir: What happens if a player dives, makes contact with a goalie who is in the inner crease but lands outside of the inner crease? Will refs have to make a determination about whether contact occurs inside the semi cylinder of the inner crease?"

Such a complete joke. I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it.

According to our biggest board guru, we've been practicing "diving" during fall practice in order to see how the new rule affects play.

For those who went to the Denver scrimmage...

Was the crease lined with the new dive arc?