Breaking news | Syracusefan.com

Breaking news

Fines' daughter, Sheila Fine, called a reporter and said the family had heard the news. "Nobody has s--- to say to you. How stupid do you feel now?"

pure gold

The timing of this is perfect. Just before the season tips off everyone gets an "FYI, ESPN are douches"

I wonder if this will prompt Bernie to come out with a statement or will he have to continue to "lay low" until the ambulance chaser slinks away?

What is so sad, hideous and wrong, is that the Principle of innocent until proven guilty was not allowed here...As a lawyer and defender of our system I must say that no justice was here...this case was wrong from the beginning...if I am ESPN and Mark Schwartz, I would be providing retractions right now...and Mark S...you should be fired. Now to the lawsuits etc to be filed by Fine against everyone...and probably 'Cuse...and a big thank you to JB for defending his coach and calling out the lawyers...wonder what happens now is a grave not filled...but potentially a reputation damaged beyond fixing...careers ruined...and lives lost...because jumping to a decision without due process really sucks...I am embarrassed by the judicial system we have...and on the other hand to the decisions I and friends have made...no big brothers, no coaching, nothing done alone without at least one other person present...never again will society be so generous with time and help to those kids that need it because one word can change a life for ever in a bad way...even if innocent...

Here's how I picture Bernie while reading the comments on ESPN

xXDIy.gif

Here's how I picture Bernie while reading the comments on ESPN

xXDIy.gif
Thanks, that is now how I too picture Bernie, and it is not good.

Thanks, that is now how I too picture Bernie, and it is not good.

Kind of makes you wonder if a whole new lawsuit would start up. Poor dog.

Kind of makes you wonder if a whole new lawsuit would start up. Poor dog.
Definitely. But I kind of want to see him try to stick the dog to the ceiling like a balloon with static electricity.

What is so sad, hideous and wrong, is that the Principle of innocent until proven guilty was not allowed here...As a lawyer and defender of our system I must say that no justice was here...this case was wrong from the beginning...if I am ESPN and Mark Schwartz, I would be providing retractions right now...and Mark S...you should be fired. Now to the lawsuits etc to be filed by Fine against everyone...and probably 'Cuse...and a big thank you to JB for defending his coach and calling out the lawyers...wonder what happens now is a grave not filled...but potentially a reputation damaged beyond fixing...careers ruined...and lives lost...because jumping to a decision without due process really sucks...I am embarrassed by the judicial system we have...and on the other hand to the decisions I and friends have made...no big brothers, no coaching, nothing done alone without at least one other person present...never again will society be so generous with time and help to those kids that need it because one word can change a life for ever in a bad way...even if innocent...

Yep, in today's world, it seems to be guilty until proven innocent.

There are so many things (I'll just politely say, questionable) about our legal system, it's at times just shameful. Having past experience on the civil side of things, I've witnessed it first hand on numerous instances...

Yep, in today's world, it seems to be guilty until proven innocent.

There are so many things (I'll just politely say, questionable) about our legal system, it's at times just shameful. Having past experience on the civil side of things, I've witnessed it first hand on numerous instances...
I have no doubt you are correct. The thing that gets me about this though, is the complete lack of journalistic integrity. They destroyed a man's life based on lies. Lies that they very loosely corroborated with lies from people with no credibility. Their stories were very easily disproven, but that doesn't make for good TV, and that would leave Mark and ESPN with no story, so they went ahead with it. I am quickly loosing faith in people, I need some good news.

Very happy to read this. Good news for 'Cuse bball, for sure.

I have no doubt you are correct. The thing that gets me about this though, is the complete lack of journalistic integrity. They destroyed a man's life based on lies. Lies that they very loosely corroborated with lies from people with no credibility. Their stories were very easily disproven, but that doesn't make for good TV, and that would leave Mark and ESPN with no story, so they went ahead with it. I am quickly loosing faith in people, I need some good news.

It's good news! And, my gladness is for Bernie, as I can not even begin to imagine what this last year has been like for him & his family.

It's good news! And, my gladness is for Bernie, as I can not even begin to imagine what this last year has been like for him & his family.
Yes, it is certainly good news, but news that should have never been necessary.

quote of the year from Sheila Fine: "Nobody has s--- to say to you. How stupid do you feel now?"

Schwartz and his producer need to be fired. ESPN needs to issue a retraction on Sportscenter and repeatedly on OTL.

Absolutely spot on. I hope that never works again in journalism.