Breaking News . . . . . | Syracusefan.com

Breaking News . . . . .

jordoo

Living Legend
Syracuse University to stop recruiting basketball players that have any chance to leave before their senior season. Head coach JB said that the fans just couldn't take it not being sure when a player would leave and all the winning aside its really all about keeping the fans interested so even after a record breaking attendance season the staff has decided to be preemptive and recruit only program guys without NBA athletic ability. They expect to be able to balance the recruiting classes better, win close to 20 games a season with some creative scheduling and hope to make the NCAAT every 3rd or 4th season when they have the right mix of mature Junior and Senior players.

Got to be true if it's on the internet. Besides, you don't get three former players loyal enough to come back as assistant coaches if they're 1&dun types;)-VBOF

The single greatest post I read this week was that Jimmy doesn't like to recruit top ten players due to the potential of leaving so early.

Can't remember the thread or who said it, and I won't draw names into this regardless, but that is epic.

He's only recruiting transfer Grad students with one year eligibility left but will only play five because the other 7 didnt have time to know the zone!

Phew...I can live with 17 to 20 wins and NCAA appearances every 3 or 4 years. It's the thought of players leaving early that causes me anxiety all season long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom