Brent Axe's dramatic reading of SU fans tweets | Syracusefan.com

Brent Axe's dramatic reading of SU fans tweets

SWC75

Bored Historian
Brent has a new segment he does irregularly in which he dramatically, (with a phony Shakespearean accent), in which he reads SU fans' tweets after a frsutrating game and it's a hoot. Here he is after the Florida State game, (go to the 23-minute mark):

On The Block On Demand

If he was a better actor, that would ruin it. It's wonderfully hammy and over-the-top.

Methinks something is rotten in the state of Dinomark

Some fans are so annoying and have definitely gone off the deep end, but something about Axe mocking fans just doesn’t sit right. Even if it’s the annoying ones he’s mocking.

I mean, we can just as easily make a silly voice while reading off his softball questions to Dino after every press conference.

Some fans are so annoying and have definitely gone off the deep end, but something about Axe mocking fans just doesn’t sit right. Even if it’s the annoying ones he’s mocking.

I mean, we can just as easily make a silly voice while reading off his softball questions to Dino after every press conference.
Deff a glass house situation. Seems like a stupid idea.

Hey Axe (spoken in silly voice), how is it that no one asked Tucker if the FSU game was his last in the Dome?

Brent has a new segment he does irregularly in which he dramatically, (with a phony Shakespearean accent), in which he reads SU fans' tweets after a frsutrating game and it's a hoot. Here he is after the Florida State game, (go to the 23-minute mark):

On The Block On Demand

If he was a better actor, that would ruin it. It's wonderfully hammy and over-the-top.
Brent is unfunny and highly predictable. I haven't listened to him in actual years now. No inside info, worn out takes, smug as hell and drags his politics in everything he talks about. Maybe he can go with dino. Both are worn and tired.

I will say this much, the basketball team's implosion vs. 'Gate has superceded the football team's collapse and no show vs. FSU. It's taken the heat off them at least until Saturday night.

Not really funny. Don't hate Axe just wasn't impressed by this segment.

i could only handle that voice for 30 secs

I never listen to Axe but wanted to hear some callers thoughts on the BBall game so tuned in yesterday and the second I turned it on, he was doing this bit...IMMEDIATELY turned off. Terribly unfunny and unlistenable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom