bright side - Hunt was much better | Syracusefan.com

bright side - Hunt was much better

Millhouse

Living Legend
Hunt had a 124 rating yesterday. I don't mean this as a backhanded compliment but it's gonna sound that way. Considering where he's been, that is a tremendous improvement.

Ryan Nassib didn't have a single conference game that good in 2010 (7 games)

Nassib had 3 out of 7 games that good in 2011.

Prior to 2012, Nassib only had 3 out of 14 games as a starter better than Hunts.

Last year was really good but Nassib stunk for too long. Hope Hunt learns quicker. At least he gives us a little hope now. Yesterday sucks but he was a bright side considering my expectations.

he made probably half of the best throws of the season yesterday. he also made as many terrible throws that he never even gave the rcvr the chance to catch it. one thing we have not heard this year is how often he is making the correct read and/or is he being allowed to check into better plays. on the diving TD catch is that a great throw or just the fact that he gave AC a chance to make a great catch mean it was a better throw? early in the game Wales made great catch on a ball that was thrown way too hard. the funderbrook play no one knows what happened but it was thrown in a bad spot.

the two td drops might have been his best throws all year btu neither was to a rcvr. he made 2-3 nice throws on bubble screens, also a bad one that caused AB to fall down.

the best part was some of the avg throws got caught

Credit on the AC td should go to both of them. Hunt put the ball in a place where AC could make a play, and then Cornelius made it. I also thought both throws to the end zone to McFarlane and Eskridge were good- might that be Hunt's most comfortable throw right now? If so, it would make sense to call more of those next week.

he made probably half of the best throws of the season yesterday. he also made as many terrible throws that he never even gave the rcvr the chance to catch it. one thing we have not heard this year is how often he is making the correct read and/or is he being allowed to check into better plays. on the diving TD catch is that a great throw or just the fact that he gave AC a chance to make a great catch mean it was a better throw? early in the game Wales made great catch on a ball that was thrown way too hard. the funderbrook play no one knows what happened but it was thrown in a bad spot.

the two td drops might have been his best throws all year btu neither was to a rcvr. he made 2-3 nice throws on bubble screens, also a bad one that caused AB to fall down.

the best part was some of the avg throws got caught
Some of the short ones miss by so much it is jarring. You never see 5yard passes miss by three yards

the hard part is throws so many uncatchable balls on 3rd down type plays, i thing he hit the defense twice yesterday. he throws slants so late we dont even run the play and then when we did he got it deflected.

some of this is on the rcvrs. i dont think they do a good job of reading the coverage, which lemon excelled at, they dont settle into holes instead they run right into coverage and the Hunt throws it anyway.

Millhouse said:
Some of the short ones miss by so much it is jarring. You never see 5yard passes miss by three yards

He was much better yesterday but you're right. When he misses he misses by a lot and most are short passes. There was one with the receiver coming across the middle and the receiver had 2 steps on the defender. Looked like he hit the defender in the leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom