Brissett's free throws | Syracusefan.com

Brissett's free throws

My daughter and I have a free throw ritual which ensures our guys will make their shots, but one time when Oshae was shooting we spaced out and talked about cats AND . . . .

He made them anyway!!

Call me impressed.

Knowledgeable people around here!

I was thinking of single-game perfect streaks; forgot about Flynn's excellent game and didn't remember Kohls. Looks like those are the only two in the media guide They track best single game with a minimum of 15 attempts, so it looks like Brissett has earned a spot in next year's addition with 16-16. And that's got to be the freshman record.

impressive. and notice no one complains about officiating when we score 29 points from the line. glasses.

and notice no one complains about officiating when we score 29 points from the line.

Mark me down as complaining about the officiating.

If they didn't start calling the handchecking midway through the second half (when UB had more attempts than we did and had tied it up or taken the lead), we'd have lost and not ended up with all the free throws. And if they'd called the game the right way all along we'd have won by 15 and #4, #5, and #10 would have fouled out by halftime.

'Mark me down as complaining about the officiating.
If they didn't start calling the handchecking midway through the second half (when UB had more attempts than we did and had tied it up or taken the lead), we'd have lost and not ended up with all the free throws. And if they'd called the game the right way all along we'd have won by 15 and #4, #5, and #10 would have fouled out by halftime.'

OK. so your idea of fair officiating is 3 opponents fouling out by halftime. HELLO !

Last edited:
If they didn't start calling the handchecking midway through the second half (when UB had more attempts than we did and had tied it up or taken the lead), we'd have lost and not ended up with all the free throws. And if they'd called the game the right way all along we'd have won by 15 and #4, #5, and #10 would have fouled out by halftime.'

OK. so your idea of fair officiating is 3 opponents fouling out by halftime. HELLO !

Basketball's a non-contact sport. When our point guard has a hand in his ribcage every time up the court and our best player is getting horse-collared coming around screens, something is wrong. Not too much to argue on this one.

please do name the last time that happened. we got bailed out by clark's hand cut. not hand checks.

It can be difficult for officials to call the game properly when the opponents strategy is to test the bounds of thug play. The announcers mentioned the Georgetown tactics of officials reluctance to call a foul on every play. Certainly looked like the strategy they were using.

The post-game comments on how they intentionally were coming at Howard, and the calling of SU soft, helps support the claim that this was an intentional strategy. I thought MD was also a recipient of getting mugged which went uncalled.

Free throws won the game.
24 of 29 from the line.
(Only 8 of 13 without Brissett's total).
SU may need more games like that.

Buffalo has 17 more shots from the field than the Orange.
17!!!!!
Plus fewer turnovers and more assists.
That's a recipe for a loss without the foul shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom