Bromley Stands Out in First East-West Shrine Game Practice | Syracusefan.com

Bromley Stands Out in First East-West Shrine Game Practice

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Kyle Crabbs of NFL Draft Tracker was true to his site's namesake and tracked down the measurables for Shrine Game attendees. Particularly of note is Syracuse defensive tackle Jay Bromley. He came in at 6-foot-3, 307 pounds and a wingspan of 81 inches.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...0114_East-West_Shrine_Game_Day_1_roundup.html

Two defensive tackles impressed, but very differently today. Jay Bromley won consistently on the interior, utilizing his quick get off on the snap and his ability to target the outside shoulder of his blocker with force and with the backfield in mind. While he didn’t finish tackles in the backfield (didn’t really get a chance to), he certainly did what he did best on film during practice.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/2014-shrine-game-monday-east-practice-report.html

He was also named one of the Top 15 Prospects to Watch by Optimum Scouting:

10. Jason Bromley, DT, Syracuse (East)
Unheralded throughout the season despite his ample production, Bromley was one of the best pure pass rushing interior lineman in the country this year. He explodes off the snap initially, generates a great initial punch/push, and he holds his anchor well as he pivots to further adjust his positioning to attack the quarterback. He struggles, however, against the run, at times mightily. He’ll get the chance to make up for his struggles in-season in team drills this week, showcasing a potentially improve ability vs. the run.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draf...-15-prospects-to-follow-during-practices.html

shandeezy7 said:

Good for him! The world awakes to what we already know. The guy is a beast.

I'm not sure he is suspect against the run... I saw a lot of RB's get swallowed whole by the interior of our line.

Good for him! The world awakes to what we already know. The guy is a beast.

I'm not sure he is suspect against the run... I saw a lot of RB's get swallowed whole by the interior of our line.

I could see how that could be a knock against him. Kyle Williams in Buffalo gets the same wrap as a run defender.

6'3 307lb. That's good, I thought he was only around 290lb. Big difference

Thinking 3rd round, maybe 2nd round if he kills it during workouts but no worse than the 4th round. Most importantly, he takes instruction well and many of his weaknesses can be fixed. Should do very well in interviews.

If he played at a bigger school the football world would already know what we know: the kid can flat out play and excel at the next level

If he played at a bigger school the football world would already know what we know: the kid can flat out play and excel at the next level

We Are A Big School.

I don't know. If he went to a "Bigger" school he wouldn't have gotten the early PT he did here and developed his game as much as he has Maybe he would be better known to the masses but I think he is a better player after leaving the Cuse than he would have been after leaving the higher profile school.

I found this interesting on the same site... look at who else is in the top 17 DT prospects for this year. DaQuan Jones and Dominique Easley are both there with Bromley... imagine if SU had landed them too (they were in the running at the end for both)... they could have had 3 of the top 17 DT's in this years draft!

http://www.optimumscouting.com/rankings/static/dt-rankings.html

3 NYS kids at DL in the same year. Pretty impressive.

I think we are, but to the rest of the world we aren't as big as we think we are. That is their mistake!
I think you have that backwards... I'm sure alot of Syracuse fans don't think Syracuse is a "Big School" athletically... but sports fans around the country in general think of Syracuse that way. I'm not saying that most would include Syracuse in the same breath as "football factory" schools, but SU is still in the "major school" discussion in football and basketball.

I think you have that backwards... I'm sure alot of Syracuse fans don't think Syracuse is a "Big School" athletically... but sports fans around the country in general think of Syracuse that way. I'm not saying that most would include Syracuse in the same breath as "football factory" schools, but SU is still in the "major school" discussion in football and basketball.

For basketball, there is no question we are considered bigtime/basketball factory. In football, we are not considered bigtime, too many people(including ESPN and other media pinheads) act as if Gerg is still our coach(gasp). That ticks me off. I don't expect them to look at us as the second coming of Alabama, but I think we should at least be given some respect. I guarantee that if Doeren went 7-6 in his first year at NC State, he would be getting rave reviews by the aforementioned pinheads.

I guarantee that if Doeren went 7-6 in his first year at NC State, he would be getting rave reviews by the aforementioned pinheads.

That is because NC State hasn't had a winning season since 1876

Nationally we are viewed as big time for basketball, but we get very little respect for football, no better than top 50.

Nationally we are viewed as big time for basketball, but we get very little respect for football, no better than top 50.

Lately thats about right. But this train is movin.

Lately thats about right. But this train is movin.
We are moving, but sometimes perception takes time to catch up to reality, especially for teams in the northeast not called Penn St.

3 NYS kids at DL in the same year. Pretty impressive.

Time to update your signature Tom. Up to 44 consecutive winning seasons for hoops. And when Marvin gets in that Hall of Fame stat really becomes impressive. Now we need to get Coughlin, Gary Andersen then McNabb and Freeney in so we get to Number 1!

i can see bromley going the way as chan jones. chan was a projected 3rd round pick and wound up in the 1st round.