Bruce Pearl / Auburn | Syracusefan.com

Bruce Pearl / Auburn

I can’t believe Pearl hasn’t been fired yet.
Much to my surprise...I now think there's a good chance Pearl didn't know what Chuck Person was up to.
Court docs suggest Person was just out to line his own pockets.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/28/meet-the-con-man-who-brought-college-basketball-to-its-knees/
Doesn't matter. There's the new HC responsibility rule. So the HC is going to suffer regardless b/c it's his program. Beyond that, there will be eligibility problems associated with an athlete receiving extra benefits. They'll have to deal with that also.

Hoo posted about it in the Miller thread: Sean Miller / Arizona

Did Auburn approve Person's destination expenses to cut these deals w/o questions shows how loose the rules are there. Pearl needs to be held accountable.

Doesn't matter. There's the new HC responsibility rule. So the HC is going to suffer regardless b/c it's his program. Beyond that, there will be eligibility problems associated with an athlete receiving extra benefits. They'll have to deal with that also.

Hoo posted about it in the Miller thread: Sean Miller / Arizona
Yes...that's what Pearl gets for having Person as his coach.
It's basketball's version of the Yamashita doctrine.
The buck should stop with the Head Coach.
Let's see how the NCAA enforces it.

Factually, though, it may be that Pearl really didn't know what Person was up to.
All by itself that may be the biggest shock in this entire scandal.

imagine if every company fired every boss who had someone under them do something illegal.

Factually, though, it may be that Pearl really didn't know what Person was up to.
The FBI and the NCAA work differently. The NCAA will hold him to the "omniscient standard." The FBI will only charge him if they can prove he was actually responsible.

Shocking and ironic, because this time Pearl may wind up getting suspended for skulduggery he didn't hatch himself. My guess is the NCAA will enforce it, as similar punishments have already been imposed under the new rule against JB, Brown and Pitino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom