Brunson too bad Jb didn’t want him | Syracusefan.com

Brunson too bad Jb didn’t want him

??? Isn't this kind of old news? And not for nothing but you could do this all day with every top coach. Calhoun and the kid from Ct that went to Providence. John Thompson didn't want Sherman. The list is quite long.
Heck, JB wanted Boo Harvey before we got Sherman.

??? Isn't this kind of old news? And not for nothing but you could do this all day with every top coach. Calhoun and the kid from Ct that went to Providence. John Thompson didn't want Sherman. The list is quite long.
Yup Groundhog Day.

Yeah he’s too short for the zone. Lol.

97985e6128b652ae933cb14b803782ba6d6c43c7274b23483edbc369aa155c6a.jpg

Y'all should jump over to the football board. Similar thread on Kenny Pickett. Let's see which board can one-up the other on "misses".
Hey! I just posted the article and never heard the story, wayyyyyy different!

Va Tech and Steph Curry is really the beginning, middle, and end of the book.

Josh Wright over Kyle Lowry still wins.

Memory is foggy but wasn’t it a first to commit amongst 3 players and not necessarily choosing wright over Lowry? Or was that another year?

Memory is foggy but wasn’t it a first to commit amongst 3 players and not necessarily choosing wright over Lowry? Or was that another year?
I remember it, as it was our misfortune that the only true bust of the 3 was the local kid. Which we kinda had to take, I guess. If Wright isn't from Utica, maybe things happen differently.

I don't think we issued any "first to commit" ultimatums [not suggesting that's what you're implying necessarily]. We desperately wanted to land a PG in that class, we were recruiting three highly ranked prospects from the NE, and Wright decided to pull the trigger, so we took him.

As someone mentioned above, too bad he was the one of the three that busted [although in his defense, at least he wasn't "busted" for being a laptop thief].

Thinking back to when he arrived on the hill -- he was so athletic and reasonably highly ranked, it was a shock seeing in the early few practices up at Manley his freshman year that his handle was so subpar, he could barely dribble down his own chin. Shades of Michael Edwards.

And unfortunately, a pattern we saw repeated with both Kaleb Joseph and Jalen Carey. Ugh...

Last edited:
I don't think we issued any "first to commit" ultimatums [not suggesting that's what you're implying necessarily]. We desperately wanted to land a PG in that class, we were recruiting three highly ranked prospects from the NE, and Wright decided to pull the trigger, so we took him.

As someone mentioned above, too bad he was the one of the three that busted [although in his defense, at least he wasn't "busted" for being a laptop thief].

Thinking back to when he arrived on the hill -- he was so athletic and reasonably highly ranked, it was a shock seeing in the early few practices up at Manley his freshman year that his handle was so subpar, he could barely dribble down his own chin. Shades of Michael Edwards.

And unfortunately, a pattern we saw repeated with both Kaleb Joseph and Jalen Carey. Ugh...
I know because Brunson is playing well in the league he is getting talked about. Monte Morris is still the one that hurts the most for me. He would have solved so many problems after Tyler. Thank goodness Silent G worked out.

I know because Brunson is playing well in the league he is getting talked about. Monte Morris is still the one that hurts the most for me. He would have solved so many problems after Tyler. Thank goodness Silent G worked out.
Kyle Lowry- How did that happen the way it did

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom