Bubble talk | Syracusefan.com

Bubble talk

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
i posted this on jan 5 (ignoring any postseason ban obviously)

<<<at virginia tech WIN
at georgia tech WIN
florida st WIN
wake forest WIN
at clemson LOSS
boston college WIN
miami WIN
at north carolina LOSS
virginia tech WIN
at pitt LOSS
at boston college WIN
duke LOSS
louisville LOSS
pitt WIN
at notre dame LOSS
at duke LOSS
virginia WIN
at nc state LOSS

1-1 in acc tourny

20-13 overall, 10-8 acc.
best wins: iowa neutral, virginia home

lets assume its another weak bubble. are we in? i said i thought finishing above .500 in acc would get us in, but thats not a strong resume. i think we need 11-7.>>>

so far only game i got wrong is miami. we need to win at pitt to make up for that loss. 11-7 is gonna be really tough at this point. we couldnt afford any "bad" home losses and miami ended that. sweeping pitt and winning at BC are basically must wins since every other game we play we'll be underdogs. lets assume we win 1 of the 3 "big" home games (duke, ville, uva), sweep pitt, beat bc, and lose all the rest. thats 19-12 and 10-8 heading into acc tourny. i think thats best case scenario unless we can somehow win 2 of the 3 "big" home games.

10-8 in the ACC will not get us in, not even close... unless two of the wins are vs Duke/UVA/Lville/ND

then we might be in the conversation at least.

Do people think we get in with 11-7 if only one of the wins is against a ranked team?

bubble is really weak

10-8, firmly on the bubble
11-7, on the right side of the bubble but have to sweat it out
12-6, in

this obviously ignores the conference tourney's

the bubble right now includes NC st in the brackatology. They lost to wake.. miami is floundering too.. 10-8 might get us 2-3 games ahead of both of them in league.. We might end up the 4-6th best team in the ACC with 5 teams in the top 15-20..

Just win baby and the rest will take care of itself. I'm not holding my breath, however, but I am optimistic - it's the only way to be.

I definitely think the sweet spot has probably fallen about a game since the beginning of January.

The middle of the pick conference teams have really been struggling the past week. I started monitoring the teams between an 8 seed and the 10th team out on the bracket matrix (about 26 teams) and they went 2-8 last night .. the two wins were by team #25 and #26 in that bubble list (us and Illinois). There was also many bad losses this weekend, and not many did anything of quality.

Last edited:
71ScD5gRleL._SL1200_.jpg

"Young man there's a place you can go
I said young man, when your short on your dough
It's fun to" study "at the YMCA
It's fun to" study and get your money at the YMCA all according to the NCAA
It's a good year for a one year ban. Sucks for Christmas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom