Bubble team Road win | Syracusefan.com

Bubble team Road win

20Plus

This is disturbing.

Although a lot of these teams those road wins are weak very weak !

I believe there is 7 spots for these 11 teams

2-big east
Xavier- 6 road wins
Providence-5 road wins

2-B10
Illini-3 road wins
Iowa-3road wins

2-ACC
Syracuse -2 road wins
Wake-7 road wins

2-PAC10
Cal-3 road wins
USC -7 road wins

A10-Rhode 7 road wins
B12-Kstate 7 road wins
SEC-Vandy 4-road wins

Which has been one of the chief points of Palm's critique.

How about another one with top 20 wins? top 50? top 100?

Which has been one of the chief points of Palm's critique.

Still doesn't explain Cal, which is totally baffling in any measurement.

Any time you are the "worst ever" in something it's hard to get out of some's minds. Even if the RPI is diminished, a few committee members will still foolishly notice and care that our RPI starts with an 8... and no at large has ever had that before. Hopefully they get outvoted.

But similar to the optics of an 80 RPI that shoudn't matter in itself, there are proably a few members that view our 10-8 ACC record as an important factor that are not supposed to.

What does a road win indicate about a team? Serious question here - because I understand most of the other metrics used to describe tournament resumes but this one baffles me.

What does a road win indicate about a team? Serious question here - because I understand most of the other metrics used to describe tournament resumes but this one baffles me.

Good question, especially when a lot of top 25 teams really only have 6 or 7 road wins, half of those being against absolute bottom feeders. I suppose it could be a helpful stat when trying to differentiate between 2 fairly equal teams, but otherwise, I don't necessarily see its great value.

Last edited:
Road win worth 1.4
home 0.6 per some metrics

Still doesn't explain Cal, which is totally baffling in any measurement.

Cal has no business getting a bid, one top 50 win ain't going to cut it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom