Bubble | Syracusefan.com

Bubble

NKR1978

Living Legend
Was just thinking about the dark ages from 06-08 when the bubble was the "Boeheim" (to some here anyway) and we were obsessing over every single game involving a mid level BCS team.

A 3, 1, 3 and likely 1 (and no worse than a 2 no matter what happens) is a pretty successful 4 year stretch.

It's fitting that Scoop is the last of the Dynasty, if he can help break our Sweet 16 seal and so something special in the next 6 weeks, that group will have been pretty prescient in their proclamation.

So sad that this amazing season is coming to an end.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

If those 2006-2007, and 2007-2008 teams were on the bubble these last 2 years they would have been in. The bubble has really been awful these last 2 years and with the extra 3 at-large spots we may have avoided the First 4 in. With 68 teams now in the tournament and JB's "worst" being bubble I believe it will be a long time hopefully till we avoid the NCAA Tournament again.

It wasn't just some people here that were using the "Boeheim" for bubble, there were people at ESPN doing it. Very frustrating. You don't hear that now with another coach. They could very easily do it with the V Tech guy but maybe they don't have enough of a following to get a sufficient rise out of people.
It's like, who now, is the best coach never to win a championship? Remember that nonsense. For some reason they feel comfortable throwing some rude topics out there involving SU/JB that they don't seem to do to other people/programs.

Couldn't they start using the term on the Boeheim to mean in the running for a 1 seed? Because that is going to be closer to the meaning for the next few years.

NKR1978 said:
"So sad that this amazing season is coming to an end."
Well it hasnt ended yet and the outcome smells like a NC...so, not sad but so glad...go 'Cuse

The bubble was alot stronger back then, I remember even in the years we didnt make it in, analysts were calling us the team noone wanted to see in their bracket.

It's like, who now, is the best coach never to win a championship? Remember that nonsense. For some reason they feel comfortable throwing some rude topics out there involving SU/JB that they don't seem to do to other people/programs.

What is the best program that hasn't won it all now - Illinois?

I was worried that because of recent tourneys that we might flame out and not reach the Final 4, which is the only thing barring this season from being a gigantic success. I am in the camp that if we dont make the Final 4, this season is a disappointment. That being said, the 1 seed in the East with home games in Pittsburgh and then Boston to get to New Orleans makes me think we got this. This team isnt going to lose in front of sold out 90% Syracuse crowds in the tourney.

Don't people realize the independence in sports? Experts love to talk about previous match-ups or performances like they mean something to the outcome. If Syracuse is playing Stanford they'll say, oh well Syracuse beat Stanford in their only meeting back in 1965 so Syracuse has the advantage. Or "There's no way Syracuse will win if they wear blue because they lost once in the 90's and once in 2008. These teams and games are completely independent of how we would play if we wear blue, or green, or yellow against Louisville or Kentucky right now.

It wasn't just some people here that were using the "Boeheim" for bubble, there were people at ESPN doing it. Very frustrating. You don't hear that now with another coach.

Andy Glockner was calling Marquette "Team Bubble Watch" for the last 2 or 3 years. Not exactly the same, but pretty close.

And I think everyone comments on how Va Tech was constantly on the bubble.

The bubble was alot stronger back then, I remember even in the years we didnt make it in, analysts were calling us the team noone wanted to see in their bracket.

Do you think this is just because they added th e 3 extra spots or what? I feel like every year people say the bubble is weak, at least the past few years. I haven't really looked back at it, but I wonder if it is just something people say, without adjusting for the fact that we're putting 3 more at larges in there now.

What is the best program that hasn't won it all now - Illinois?

Missouri hasn't even been to a final four. Illinois, Mizzou and st. Johns would be my choices.

I am in the camp that if we dont make the Final 4, this season is a disappointment. That being said, the 1 seed in the East with home games in Pittsburgh and then Boston to get to New Orleans makes me think we got this. This team isnt going to lose in front of sold out 90% Syracuse crowds in the tourney.

My bar is set a little lower at the Elite 8. Obviously I want the national championship but a successful season for me is the Elite 8, given our recent Tourney exits.

Was just thinking about the dark ages from 06-08 when the bubble was the "Boeheim" (to some here anyway) and we were obsessing over every single game involving a mid level BCS team.

A 3, 1, 3 and likely 1 (and no worse than a 2 no matter what happens) is a pretty successful 4 year stretch.

It's fitting that Scoop is the last of the Dynasty, if he can help break our Sweet 16 seal and so something special in the next 6 weeks, that group will have been pretty prescient in their proclamation.

So sad that this amazing season is coming to an end.

At every end there's a new beginning...hopefully one which leads to our 2nd national championship. :)

Of course it's selective endpoints, but we're 43-10 the last 3 years in the BE. Pretty damn impressive. Throw in 09, and it's 55-16.

Missouri hasn't even been to a final four. Illinois, Mizzou and st. Johns would be my choices.

pitt should have made it with all of the talent they had.