Buddy Named Week 11 ACC Co-Player of the Week | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Named Week 11 ACC Co-Player of the Week

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

19_20_MBB_CoPOW2_Twitter_1_.png

Crazy that he is the first player to be named as either POTW or FOTW for us this season. Hope this is a harbinger things to come.

Guess it shows many people’s talent evaluation prowess or maybe in some cases their personal bias and why we are all sitting behind a computer posting about it and not paid to actually do it. :p

Guess it shows many people’s talent evaluation prowess or maybe in some cases their personal bias and why we are all sitting behind a computer posting about it and not paid to actually do it. :p

Despite my earlier sarcasm, I would say that while it is a great honor it doesn't mean his game is beyond criticism.

It also very clearly shows that you don't have to be a perfect player to be a huge/important contributor. I don't think anyone would really argue the point that Buddy has some flaws, largely based on limited athleticism (as compared to other high end D1 guys). But that doesn't mean he doesn't do other things at such a high level that the pluses will greatly outweigh the negatives....and even allow him to receive accolades like POTW.

Last edited:
Saturday after Buddy's 18pt run and him screaming "He can't guard me" VT switched their best defender from Hughes to Buddy.

Hughes was able to abuse the smaller defender in the lane from the rest of the game. Prior to the switch Hughes was like 1-7 or 1-8.

ACC POTW voters taking a cue from the NYT editorial board, apparently.
I have no idea what the connection is. I'm glad Buddy got the award. I'm not happy with the New York Times but thankful it carries about a such weight as a daily Orange endorsement. Who votes on endorsments?

I have no idea what the connection is. I'm glad Buddy got the award. I'm not happy with the New York Times but thankful it carries about a such weight as a daily Orange endorsement. Who votes on endorsments?
Buddy was 1 of 3 players named "Player of the Week"...

Landers Nolley II has won FOTW 5 times this season.

Vernon Carey Jr has won FOTW 3 times.

Any chance that Nolley wins FOTY over Carey, or does the Duke association trump all else?

Despite my earlier sarcasm, I would say that while it is a great honor it doesn't mean his game is beyond criticism.

It also very clearly shows that you don't have to be a perfect player to be a huge/important contributor. I don't think anyone would really argue the point that Buddy has some flaws, largely based on limited athleticism (as compared to other high end D1 guys). But that doesn't mean he doesn't do other things at such a high level that the pluses will greatly outweigh the negatives...and even allow him to receive accolades like POTW.

Very true Matt Roe, Marty Headd ,Lazarus Sims and Conrad McRae had flaws but were important contributors.

Saturday after Buddy's 18pt run and him screaming "He can't guard me" VT switched their best defender from Hughes to Buddy.

Hughes was able to abuse the smaller defender in the lane from the rest of the game. Prior to the switch Hughes was like 1-7 or 1-8.
I think Buddy’s great run coincided closely with Young’s decision to put Hunter Cattoor on Buddy. That guy can’t play defense at all. Once he was in, Buddy attacked him like a savage. I was shocked Young left Hunter in there so long.

Was he even watching the game?

I think Buddy’s great run coincided closely with Young’s decision to put Hunter Cattoor on Buddy. That guy can’t play defense at all. Once he was in, Buddy attacked him like a savage. I was shocked Young left Hunter in there so long.

Was he even watching the game?
I don't believe he played after that. He played 8 mins and was probably somewhere around -15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom