Buddy vs Joe | Syracusefan.com

Buddy vs Joe

upperdeck

Living Legend
Buddy has the perfect form. Joe is more the scorer. Whats interesting to me is that Buddy has so many 3s that are dead but has such stretches of wild misses. Joe has more misses but so many that are in and out rattlers.

this is followed up at the FT line. Buddy is solid but not nearly as good as he should be with that form, he misses by too much and rarely makes any that are not dead on. Joe on the other hand is almost all dead on and then his misses are close and soft and often fall thru.

If Buddy could play a bit more of the 3 and create space for a pt so Joe could be the 2 it would be interesting to see what would happen,

If people think our rebounding is bad now, putting Buddy at the 3 shows a true commitment to accepting that the only way to get the ball back is from a turnover or your opponent making a bucket.

If people think our rebounding is bad now, putting Buddy at the 3 shows a true commitment to accepting that the only way to get the ball back is from a turnover or your opponent making a bucket.
If the other 2 guys at the bottom of the zone are terrific rebounders you can get away with it. Also, Buddy’s lack of quickness won’t hurt as much at the 3

The only way Joe goes to the two is in a 3 guard rotation, where Buddy comes out and someone else plays point.

Since we don’t have that “someone else” to play point and make that happen...I don’t see it happening much.

If the other 2 guys at the bottom of the zone are terrific rebounders you can get away with it. Also, Buddy’s lack of quickness won’t hurt as much at the 3
I'm not sure this is the case. I can tell you from experience that the rotations for the 3s and 4s in JB's 2-3 require them to cover much more ground than the G rotations. The Fs are covering shooters on the the wings beyond the 3pt line and above the the FT line extended. Their rotation responsibilities extend down to the opposite side low blocks on ball reversals to the corner or strong side over loads. And then there are the rebounding and shot blocking responsibilities.

This is a big part of the reason why JB recruits forwards with length and low body fat (skinny). It's the most physically demanding position of the 2-3 in terms of the ground they have to cover quickly.

not saying it could happen.. just if it could it would be nice. half of the issue with the bigs as it is is that they react more than they anticipate .

Buddy is 35 plus a night at the 2 until he graduates.

We need a big upgrade at the 4/5 if we are locked into 35 mpg for Joe and Buddy. They both have negatives to balance against the positives so the other players on the court need to be stronger or we can continue to be mediocre.

Whats interesting to me is that Buddy has so many 3s that are dead but has such stretches of wild misses.
Yes -dumbfounded when about three of Buddy's 3pt attempts barely drew iron vs BC.
Was 3-11 from 3. Hope Buddy finds the range today and for ACCT.

We need a big upgrade at the 4/5 if we are locked into 35 mpg for Joe and Buddy. They both have negatives to balance against the positives so the other players on the court need to be stronger or we can continue to be mediocre.

I don't see those pieces coming anytime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom