buddy..... | Syracusefan.com

buddy.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
well out here in nm, i, of course, did not get to see the exhibition games. however, i did see the highlights. i was very impressed w how smooth and confident buddy looked. his stroke is super sweet. he has good size. his steal stats seem to imply he understands our d schemes, as might be expected from a coach's son.

kid will be a big help this year and i think as he gets stronger he will have huge upside.

His stroke has no flaws because he likely was taught proper technique at a young age--no bad habits to correct.

He's not quite as skinny as I was led to believe either. Not afraid to take a step back or a pull up jumper and nail it. Should know the defensive assignments well enough not to be a liability on D. The fact that he started the exhibition over Doelzaj is telling in my opinion. Buddy's presence may restrict the # of minutes Hughes spends in the back court which in turn will impact Dolezaj's minutes. Different positions and completely different players but they are directly competing for PT in my opinion. Buddy's pull up game is intriguing because the elbow jump shot is a shot most 6'5" players can get at will.

He's not quite as skinny as I was led to believe either. Not afraid to take a step back or a pull up jumper and nail it. Should know the defensive assignments well enough not to be a liability on D. The fact that he started the exhibition over Doelzaj is telling in my opinion. Buddy's presence may restrict the # of minutes Hughes spends in the back court which in turn will impact Dolezaj's minutes. Different positions and completely different players but they are directly competing for PT in my opinion. Buddy's pull up game is intriguing because the elbow jump shot is a shot most 6'5" players can get at will.

Yes - it tells us that JB had NO other scholarship guards to start. And nothing more.

Everything else you wrote was opinion and speculation.
We will see how it all shakes out, once JB has a full complement of scholarship guards to play.

Assuming the Big Three keep getting their 30+ minutes every game, and Chewie & Dib rotate in at the 5 (with maybe a little Marek there on occasion), then it really comes down to Hughes, Marek, Carey, and Buddy all vying for the remaining minutes across the other positions.

Yes - it tells us that JB had NO other scholarship guards to start. And nothing more.

Everything else you wrote was opinion and speculation.
We will see how it all shakes out, once JB has a full complement of scholarship guards to play.

Assuming the Big Three keep getting their 30+ minutes every game, and Chewie & Dib rotate in at the 5 (with maybe a little Marek there on occasion), then it really comes down to Hughes, Marek, Carey, and Buddy all vying for the remaining minutes across the other positions.
Not true. JB easily could have started Doelezaj and put Hughes in the backcourt with Battle.

well out here in nm, i, of course, did not get to see the exhibition games. however, i did see the highlights. i was very impressed w how smooth and confident buddy looked. his stroke is super sweet. he has good size. his steal stats seem to imply he understands our d schemes, as might be expected from a coach's son.

kid will be a big help this year and i think as he gets stronger he will have huge upside.

FYI, because it will probably help with some preACC games - both of the exhibitions were on WatchESPN. I would guess you can still find both games on there (i believe they keep an inventory? i have never tried it)

Just wanted to make sure you knew the game was accessible for you even though you're in NM

FYI, because it will probably help with some preACC games - both of the exhibitions were on WatchESPN. I would guess you can still find both games on there (i believe they keep an inventory? i have never tried it)

Just wanted to make sure you knew the game was accessible for you even though you're in NM
Yes, WatchESPN allows you to watch previously streamed games...which will be nice for me since I will be working at the polls on Election Day and will miss the opener.

Not true. JB easily could have started Doelezaj and put Hughes in the backcourt with Battle.

Jb wanted to get Hughes as many minutes as possible at the 3 since that’s where the vast majority of his time will be spent there.

Jb wanted to get Hughes as many minutes as possible at the 3 since that’s where the vast majority of his time will be spent there.

Dolezaj is going to average below 20 minutes per game if that’s true.

Good to see the ball go through the basket for Buddy yesterday. I think in the short term Buddy would be more successful if he only took wide open shots. A lot of the shots he has missed this year have been rushed, contested threes. He needs to consistently makes some open jumpers so he has a base to build off of.
On defense he still needs to move his feet better and improve his closeouts. He has been late on occasion but JB has given him more rope than he usually gives freshmen. I’m sure the other players have noticed that.
I think he’s right about where I thought he would be as a first year player and I think he will really help this program as a pure shooter at the least with the possibility that he will be able to create some of his own offense to a limited extent of the dribble.

He played well. The team played well. It was Arkansas State.
Buddy contributed during the comeback while playing significant minutes, in large part because Carey was unavailable, but that's to be discounted. At the same time, we have Braswell being hailed as the second coming for playing well in garbage time, mainly with and against deep bench players. Strange place...

Buddy contributed during the comeback while playing significant minutes, in large part because Carey was unavailable, but that's to be discounted. At the same time, we have Braswell being hailed as the second coming for playing well in garbage time, mainly with and against deep bench players. Strange place...
C'mon! I know you had that figured out a long time ago.

Good to see the ball go through the basket for Buddy yesterday. I think in the short term Buddy would be more successful if he only took wide open shots. A lot of the shots he has missed this year have been rushed, contested threes. He needs to consistently makes some open jumpers so he has a base to build off of.
On defense he still needs to move his feet better and improve his closeouts. He has been late on occasion but JB has given him more rope than he usually gives freshmen. I’m sure the other players have noticed that.
I think he’s right about where I thought he would be as a first year player and I think he will really help this program as a pure shooter at the least with the possibility that he will be able to create some of his own offense to a limited extent of the dribble.
You can see all the rope he is gotten: it's measured by DNP -CD.

are we talking about the elf or the shooting guard ?

Elf-basketball-1600-1200.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom