Buffalo cracks Top 25 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo cracks Top 25

I would say there’s a pretty good chance they’re 9-0 and ranked top 18-20 when they play us. Could be a really nice resume win for us.

I'm not saying we will lose but it's going to be really tough. We need to have Frank back and up to speed as well as Jalen to get more comfortable. If we thought the pressure that Morehead put on the ball was tough this is the next level.

They have Syracuse, West Virginia and Marquette.

Not that they would... but if they did run the table in the preseason, they are probably top 7 by the time January rolls around.

I always like when a team reaches heights it never has,

Good W with a true road win in Southern Illinois’ gym. SIU has all starters back and should challenge probably Loyola in that league. Fran Fraschilla was on some podcast I heard the other day and was really high on UB, obviously. They will be formidable and I forgot Perkins is back. He loved how tough and hard they play even though some on here think they play dirty, lol. One of the craziest things I ever saw on here.

We have a really excellent non-conf schedule it turns out. SOS will probably be Top 10 come March. I expect many of these games coming up to be close with or without Frank. More of a reflection of the quality of teams than SU although we need to pump the brakes some with the offensive potential considering how historically bad they were last season. Ohio St for instance already went down to Fifth Third and beat Cincinnati then hung 107 on somebody the next game. Every game will be tough. Really like this schedule. It’s going to pay dividends down the road.

I watched the 2nd half of WV game where they beat them in WV. They looked really good. I was impressed with Massinberg (sp) who went off for around 40. I think they have a fantastic coach. WIll be curious to see if they can keep him if he has another good year.

Hopefully we are able to get a win.

mWEeJI4.gif

I will hide from the board if SU loses

Congrats Buffalo! Great achievement...
I must be a horrible person because I want the Bulls to stay irrelevant. I get the impression any sports team from the Buffalo metro area would love to kick Syracuse and stick the proverbial knife in our back.

I must be a horrible person because I want the Bulls to stay irrelevant. I get the impression any sports team from the Buffalo metro area would love to kick Syracuse and stick the proverbial knife in our back.

Agreed. If we didn’t play them, I wouldn’t care but I’d “root” for them very lightly to do well.

But with the chippiness of last years game and the way they clearly have a chip on their shoulder towards SU, I don’t like them at all right now.

Agreed. If we didn’t play them, I wouldn’t care but I’d “root” for them very lightly to do well.

But with the chippiness of last years game and the way they clearly have a chip on their shoulder towards SU, I don’t like them at all right now.
If they only won one game this year, it would be Syracuse.

A little concerned Dandy Andy will throw some major cash at them to upgrade their facilities and transition to a serious P5 competitor.

They are fun to watch though. With Perkins and those guards. Really dig their swag. I could care less about them truly just like to watch good ball and they check all boxes there. Will be interesting if that coach moves on and if they still get good players in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom