Buffalo Wild Wings - AGAIN | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Wild Wings - AGAIN

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Weather here is so good that I will be heading across the border again on Sunday to hook up with my buddy Dave in Watertown, NY to watch the game. Normally mid December is not the time for this venture. Hopefully the outcome will be better than against G'town. It's only been a week, but I miss their wings already

2015-12-11_1448.png

Sraracha,Honey lime sauce from the Distillery is a great wing sauce.

Weather here is so good that I will be heading across the border again on Sunday to hook up with my buddy Dave in Watertown, NY to watch the game. Normally mid December is not the time for this venture. Hopefully the outcome will be better than against G'town. It's only been a week, but I miss their wings already
You live in Kingston?

Hopefuly BWW is showing the SU game there. I called our local BWW to see if a friend from out of town and I would be able to watch the game there today and was told all screens would be on football only. Okay, taking my business elsewhere then.

85SUAlum - There was almost a major "international incident" in Watertown. I drive an hour and a half down from Ontario and my buddy was driving an hour and a half up from South of Syracuse. I get there first and say to the waitress we want a table near one of the TV's that will be carrying the SU game. She says "All our cable boxes are set up for football and they will not be carrying the basketball game". What????? I say "You better let me talk to somebody about this as I am not thrilled." Well, after a few huddles by the management, they put the game on one of the corner TV's. If I would have known how bad we were going to play, it might have been better to turnaround and go home.

85SUAlum - There was almost a major "international incident" in Watertown. I drive an hour and a half down from Ontario and my buddy was driving an hour and a half up from South of Syracuse. I get there first and say to the waitress we want a table near one of the TV's that will be carrying the SU game. She says "All our cable boxes are set up for football and they will not be carrying the basketball game". What????? I say "You better let me talk to somebody about this as I am not thrilled." Well, after a few huddles by the management, they put the game on one of the corner TV's. If I would have known how bad we were going to play, it might have been better to turnaround and go home.

I live near Kingston and have driven to BWW in Watertown for SU hoops and had the same thing happen. Football is king, I guess.

Yeah, so much for the statement on their website: "Football. Baseball. Basketball. Hockey. MMA. Rhythmic jujitsu. If there’s a competition, and you can drink beer and eat wings while watching it, we’ll put it on."
Apparently that's only if it's not football Sunday.
Seriously, with 30+ screens in the bar, they can't put at least one on something other than football? There are not even 30 games going on.
DonLightfoot - glad you were able to talk them into it without a major international incident! Although like you, after watching the game, I wish I had missed it too.

TheLoonie said:
I live near Kingston and have driven to BWW in Watertown for SU hoops and had the same thing happen. Football is king, I guess.

No BWW in Canada?

BWW is honestly straight trash. Prices are off the wall and the food is honestly terrible. Wings are okay but are way overpriced. The one by me in the city caters to the Rangers fans...even when the subway series happens every year you have to ask them to put the game on...are you kidding me? I understand I may not have many cuse fans by me but I almost walked out when I asked them to put the cuse/duke on last winter and they said they had people request the Boise state basketball game when I fact I saw a few cuse shirts on inside. I really hate bww

BWW is honestly straight trash. Prices are off the wall and the food is honestly terrible. Wings are okay but are way overpriced. The one by me in the city caters to the Rangers fans...even when the subway series happens every year you have to ask them to put the game on...are you kidding me? I understand I may not have many cuse fans by me but I almost walked out when I asked them to put the cuse/duke on last winter and they said they had people request the Boise state basketball game when I fact I saw a few cuse shirts on inside. I really hate bww

The food really is terrible.

No BWW in Canada?
Don't know to be honest. Certainly none in Eastern Ontario.

Their wings are great compared to what is available in my area. Prices are also reasonable relative to restaurant costs around here.

Don't know to be honest. Certainly none in Eastern Ontario.

Their wings are great compared to what is available in my area. Prices are also reasonable relative to restaurant costs around here.
Even with the hit you take on the exchange rate?

I think it was two years ago during the first Saturday of the NCAA Tournament, I made the mistake of going to a BWW near me. There were four games going on at the time and they only had two of the games on. One one tv they had a friggin' Harlem Globetrotters game on. I went to the manager to complain about not having all the games on and she pointed to the Globetrotters game, as if to say, that was a tournament game. I still to this day have no clue why a Globetrotters game was even being aired, much less being shown in a sports bar during March Madness.

Really makes you wonder what the point is of having 30+ screens and only showing 2 or 3 games.