Bummer. | Syracusefan.com

Bummer.

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
-Just finished watching the game. Haven't read the board much because of fear of officiating rants.

-GREAT season. JB and the team turned it around in mid March. Getting to a Final 4 is HUGE in any capacity!

-Props to Michigan. Burke and Stauskas were non-factors. They got some unexpected bench contributions and beat us straight up. They are the better the team. If the POY winner is a non-factor and the other team still wins; that's a problem.

-McGary is a stud. What a player and he controlled the game in ways that the stat sheet can't show. Big time player.

-CJ Fair. What a great season and game. He showed up big time.

-Southerland. Oy. No rebounding and no defense in the 1H. I had no problem giving Grant his minutes and Grant played well. Southerland disappointed tonight and that sealed his fate for those who think he will be drafted.

-Such a strange game. Both PGs were non factors. They had more talent. It felt we were playing catch-up the whole game. McGary was a big reason. Syracuse needs to tweak things offensively. I don't think we would've beaten even Wichita St. with the offensive performance from tonight and the vanilla schemes/sets. Again, the 2H D was good enough to get a win had we executed some good offense. James had that one dunk late in the game but him not being able to put it on the floor as a senior really hurts. He turned it over a few times in the 1H trying to do so.

-MCW. I don't know. We'll see what happens if he declares. They packed it in and had defenders waiting for him. I thought he would have an easier time. Not so much. Not a good game and he forced some shots. James too in the 1H.

-Too much will happen in the offseason to make predictions for next season. This team made a huge run. What wasn't talked about by the media dummies is how this team lost Dion, Fab, Scoop, and Joseph, and still made the Final 4. Amazing and much of that is credit to JB, imo. LGO!

-

We have a winner, IMHO best post on the board.
When any team gets is losing in a game and needs every call and every play to get back in the game, a fan has to accept that the result. We're usually the team that is up, but we see it often enough that we shouldn't whine. Great season, hurts to lose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom