Class of 2014 - Bumped up | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Bumped up

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
on TOS: Looks like stars added to Williams and Cabinda, NOT AJ... Interesting and disappointing...

on TOS: Looks like stars added to Williams and Cabinda, NOT AJ... Interesting and disappointing...

OK, nothing to do with recruiting but just have to ask... is that a barbers' chair inside an airplane shell? I was curious to what the company was.

the ratings system is a joke. How can there be such a disconnect on players between multiple sites (i.e. AJ Long's rating between scout and espn)

OK, nothing to do with recruiting but just have to ask... is that a barbers' chair inside an airplane shell? I was curious to what the company was.

I have grown weary of trading stocks for a living... I bought a 1969 Airstream and yes, we are building a barbershop on board. "Like" our FB page and you can see some progress pictures: FLY Barbershop...

I have grown weary of trading stocks for a living... I bought a 1969 Airstream and yes, we are building a barbershop on board. "Like" our FB page and you can see some progress pictures: FLY Barbershop...

Thanks I will. Hate to make this comparison but will you go to the client...like mobile dog grooming? Sorry folks I will not digress anymore.

I dont care what you say, the volume is not there yet but that is an impressive list, average rating (and yes i know it is bullcrap) is in the middle of the pack of the ACC, not too bad, when the numbers increase I think we could be inside the top 40. Nice first year for the coaching staff.

Hey what do you know. KJ drops 21 spots to #50 WR, and barely hangs in the top 300 at 295.

Other Cuse players of note. Moskal and AJ stay at 2 stars. Cabinda, Rodney Williams move to 3 star.

Ish Witter NR
Deion Hallmon NR
Steve Ishmael NR

Noticed a trend here? All the guys with an NR or dropped ranking didn't participate in the camp circuit. Apparently all that matters anymore is how you do during the Spring in shorts and t-shirts. I could be wrong, but I don't believe Cabinda was a camp guy, nor does he have much film at OLB, but suddenly PSU is on him and he gets a pretty nice bump.

Hey what do you know. KJ drops 21 spots to #50 WR, and barely hangs in the top 300 at 295.

Other Cuse players of note. Moskal and AJ stay at 2 stars. Cabinda, Rodney Williams move to 3 star.

Ish Witter NR
Deion Hallmon NR
Steve Ishmael NR

Noticed a trend here? All the guys with an NR or dropped ranking didn't participate in the camp circuit. Apparently all that matters anymore is how you do during the Spring in shorts and t-shirts. I could be wrong, but I don't believe Cabinda was a camp guy, nor does he have much film at OLB, but suddenly PSU is on him and he gets a pretty nice bump.
Wasnt KJ on the camp circuit, and he got dropped. I know that everyone who commits to SU doesn't get a favorable ranking (besides Cabinda), and everyone here is very biased towards Syracuse including me sometimes), but maybe they drop in rankings because they aren't that great, or its just that other people got better and had more exposure and jumped them. Remember, maybe it's not that our guys become worse when they commit, but that other recruits have gotten better or impressed more.

But KJ dropping after they loved him doesn't make any sense. No way there are 49 better options than him at receiver.

Ish Witter NR
Deion Hallmon NR
Steve Ishmael NR

Cabinda camped some place, I saw it on the black shoe diaries web page; and he performed well. But point taken cause I think his rise has to do with penn st and the PSU people seem to think they can flip him.

Wasnt KJ on the camp circuit, and he got dropped. I know that everyone who commits to SU doesn't get a favorable ranking (besides Cabinda), and everyone here is very biased towards Syracuse including me sometimes), but maybe they drop in rankings because they aren't that great, or its just that other people got better and had more exposure and jumped them. Remember, maybe it's not that our guys become worse when they commit, but that other recruits have gotten better or impressed more.

But KJ dropping after they loved him doesn't make any sense. No way there are 49 better options than him at receiver.

I know Farrel raved about KJ on the camp circuit. Said something along the lines of not understanding why he isn't a 20+ offer guy. I mean 2 sites can't have that conflicting of grades? It will be very interesting to see where Rivalz has KJ tomorrow when they release the updated top 250

I've always thought ESPN did a better job analyzing recruits. And I could care less about rankings; IMO, the only reason why it is important is for publicity and the casual fan. How a kid "ranks" in HS has no bearing how he will end up 4 years later.

About as annoying as preseason rankings.

I've always thought ESPN did a better job analyzing recruits. And I could care less about rankings; IMO, the only reason why it is important is for publicity and the casual fan. How a kid "ranks" in HS has no bearing how he will end up 4 years later.

About as annoying as preseason rankings.

In all fairness they matter in perception, and that does matter. Most of these kids now a days know who is committed where. They know who has the "stars" and who don't. Same goes for class ranking. Kids want to go where other highly rated kids are. So in real life your right it doesn't matter, but it does effect perception.

With that said KJ stayed at 153 at Rivalz

In all fairness they matter in perception, and that does matter. Most of these kids now a days know who is committed where. They know who has the "stars" and who don't. Same goes for class ranking. Kids want to go where other highly rated kids are. So in real life your right it doesn't matter, but it does effect perception.

With that said KJ stayed at 153 at Rivalz

Agree that perception/ratings do make a difference. Just as the US News ratings make a difference on college decisions for most kids even though they are by all accounts beyond flawed. Lots of kids fall for the recruiting buzz. Heck, even coaches do. Some of those kids might not deserve their ratings but cumulatively that class will benefit from the high ratings of the kids in it.

The kids with the higher stars usually have higher potential, but that potential is all size. You won't see many LBers with 4 stars or higher that are 6'0 215, they usually tend to be 6'3 230. Same goes for qb. The 6'4 215lbs QB's coming out of HS are the 4 and 5 star rexeuits, not the 6'0 180 pounders. Size matters in more ways then 1.

The kids with the higher stars usually have higher potential, but that potential is all size. You won't see many LBers with 4 stars or higher that are 6'0 215, they usually tend to be 6'3 230. Same goes for qb. The 6'4 215lbs QB's coming out of HS are the 4 and 5 star rexeuits, not the 6'0 180 pounders. Size matters in more ways then 1.

I'm sorry Anomander but that post is completely inappropriate in a thread titled Bumped Up.

I guess it's bad when I didn't even continue the play on my wording . I at least need a smiley face

I guess it's bad when I didn't even continue the play on my wording . I at least need a smiley face

th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom