Burger Boy Nominees | Syracusefan.com

Burger Boy Nominees

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
I didn't notice this posted elsewhere. All three of our recruits for next season are McDonalds All American nominees, along with 300+ of their peers. Bazeley, Carey and Boeheim all made the preliminary list.

I'm not sure there is much science to it. 5 out of 7 New Hampshire nominees are at Brewster. As you scroll through the list there are many schools that appear to have nominated a good portion of their team.

Apparently Texas is the place to find outstanding girls basketball players. The list of Texas nominees for the girls squad has to be 4x as long as any other state, either boys or girls.

McDonald's Site

List of Nominees

Congrats to Darius and SU getting a McD AA back on the roster. One of the oddest stats that I've seen regarding the NCAAs is that no school, except Maryland in 2002, has won the NC w/o a McD AA on the roster.

State # of Nominations
NY 10
NJ 9
NH 8
NC 17

If anyone ever told me this would be the breakdown for McDonald's nominations for any year during my lifetime, I would have told them they were crazy.

State # of Nominations
NY 10
NJ 9
NH 8
NC 17

If anyone ever told me this would be the breakdown for McDonald's nominations for any year during my lifetime, I would have told them they were crazy.

New Hampshire is where all the prep schools are.

New Hampshire is where all the prep schools are.

My conclusion is that McD's nominations are political and not necessarily merit based. Obviously the players nominated are good players, but they need to be playing in a program that takes the time to nominate them. Mayor McCheese and the Hamburgler aren't out there combing the gyms to ensure all the best candidates get nominated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom