Butler vs Marquette | Syracusefan.com

Butler vs Marquette

Clear flagrant on MU right there, same thing Triche did on Thursday. Let's see if they call it.

Oh look, another flagrant 1. I freaking hate this rule.
Is this new for the tournament or something? I can't remember it being called in the regular season at all...

Clear flagrant on MU right there, same thing Triche did on Thursday. Let's see if they call it.

It is a clear flagrant as the rule stands (and as the announcers are explaining), but realistically, when the defender is that close to you and you pick up your dribble, what option does the offensive player have? They're in a pretty tough spot right there and personally I think the offensive player should get the benefit. Intent should be a part of the rule.

Also, my visceral hatred for Butler exceeds any dislike I have for Marquette. I truly loath Butler.

Love that Butler is getting some of what it dishes out in Marquette. Bumps, hand checks, over the backs, etc.

Think elbows and hard fouls are good for Butler ;).

What if the player with the ball swung the ball across the defender's face? Is that a foul? I know the reason you use your elbow's is to protect the ball, but since it's a turnover and 2 free throws when you do that...

These NCAA courts suck. Why are there no turnbuckles? It really limits the defense when you can't do a flying piledriver.

What this game is telling is how bad officiating is in the Big East. The damn BE refs let so much physicality go its unbelievable and these non-Big East refs are calling a lot of fouls in this game. I wonder where the edict for conference officiating comes from? Does the Big East office tell the refs let them play more physical or do they just let them do it on their own.

Rotnei Clark > Brett Comer > Trevor Cooney
So you're saying the star players for two NCAA tourney teams are better than our 8th man? Very insightful and relevant to this game.

What's the point of going out of your way to take a shot at one of our players?

How can people not be impressed with Brad Stevens and Butler. Incredible what he is able to do.

Is a headbutt a foul or flagrant foul? If someone is that close, give them a headbutt, see if they do it again!

Apparently it's the game of the tourney according to gumbel

It's the most competitive game of the 2nd round ( I refuse to refer to the Round of 32 as the 3rd round), but the flopping, clutching and grabbing is garbage, IMO

Terrible foul on Quette.

What happened?

They are just useless when they come out. I know its not cute, but cant you have an adult volunteer for an important event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom