Buzz, I highly respect you as a head coach, but... | Syracusefan.com

Buzz, I highly respect you as a head coach, but...

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
you annoy the crap out of me by standing on the court while the opponent is trying to run their offense right next to you. And you know what else annoys me? The refs doing absolutely nothing about it.

I like Buzz and would like him as a potential replacement for JAB but he is a strange man. He has a diary for every month of his life since he was a kid where he writes all kinds of things. Remember that one game at the dome when he was writing stuff on a piece of paper during the game when he should have been coaching

Anyone who is a basketball geek will probably like this article about Buzz.
New Faces, New Places: Why did Buzz Williams leave Marquette for VT?

Last edited:
Coaches being on the court should receive an immediate bench warning. And if it happens again, a technical.

Short of trying to get the refs attention to call timeout, there’s zero reason to ever be out there.

I remember Pitino going on the court at the Dome and directing his player to run the baseline and cut to the other corner. Ridiculous.

Coaches being on the court should receive an immediate bench warning. And if it happens again, a technical.

Short of trying to get the refs attention to call timeout, there’s zero reason to ever be out there.

I remember Pitino going on the court at the Dome and directing his player to run the baseline and cut to the other corner. Ridiculous.
Agreed. It drives me absolutely nuts, and has for years.

Eh did anyone watch Pastner? dude was in JB jock practically the entire game

Eh did anyone watch Pastner? dude was in JB jock practically the entire game

Yes. He was way out of line with it. Don’t know why these guys started doing that.

Yes. He was way out of line with it. Don’t know why these guys started doing that.

It's like a kind of overcompensation I think. If they think it's a more effective way to communicate, that's a stretch.

And the one time JB does it, he gets ejected and it goes viral.

To be fair, I saw JB getting herded back into the box multiple times in the last two games. All coaches do it occasionally. Some coaches do it consistently. I'd say JB is much more in the occasional category.

you annoy the crap out of me by standing on the court while the opponent is trying to run their offense right next to you. And you know what else annoys me? The refs doing absolutely nothing about it.

I like Buzz and would like him as a potential replacement for JAB but he is a strange man. He has a diary for every month of his life since he was a kid where he writes all kinds of things. Remember that one game at the dome when he was writing stuff on a piece of paper during the game when he should have been coaching

Anyone who is a basketball geek will probably like this article about Buzz.
New Faces, New Places: Why did Buzz Williams leave Marquette for VT?
Agreed. It drives me absolutely nuts, and has for years.

One of my biggest pet peeves in college hoops is coaches who venture way out onto the floor, or way beyond the coach's box during the game.

Drives me nuts, too.

I like Buzz and would like him as a potential replacement for JAB

1548185912741.jpeg

like Buzz and would like him as a potential replacement for JAB but he is a strange man. He has a diary for every month of his life since he was a kid where he writes all kinds of things.
how very kavanaugh of him...

Jamie Dixon was far worse. But I agree, and I like Buzz too.

I always thought the perfect play down one with seconds to go would be to pass the ball downcourt with him in the path of the pass, therefore causing a technical and getting two and the ball. Game over.

Jamie Dixon was far worse. But I agree, and I like Buzz too.

I always thought the perfect play down one with seconds to go would be to pass the ball downcourt with him in the path of the pass, therefore causing a technical and getting two and the ball. Game over.

You'd really have to have to whip it at him dodgeball style to make sure he didn't retreat in time...

Could you imagine laser striking him in the gut Pacthes O'Houlihan style then getting the T, shots and ball... and game won??

Brilliant.