bye bye Philly | Syracusefan.com

bye bye Philly

kirbivore

2019 Cali Award (Passing Yards)
but it's not all bad news. Cuse fans in KC, Austin, or San Jose will get to see the Orangemen in their backyards next month.

but it's not all bad news. Cuse fans in KC, Austin, or San Jose will get to see the Orangemen in their backyards next month.

At this point I am just praying its Lexington so I can at least drive there. That's the driving maximum for me and I pray its there at this point.

At this point I am just praying its Lexington so I can at least drive there. That's the driving maximum for me and I pray its there at this point.
According to an email I received from ticketmaster last night, there are still tickets available for Lexington, Auburn Hills and Dayton. Without mapquesting it, I would think Dayton would be closest, then Auburn Hills and then Lexington. (actually I just checked and Auburn Hills is a lot closer than Dayton -assuming you are not banned from Canada).

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1239566?wt.mc_id=EML_NTF350043_3[1239566/A/1239566

According to an email I received from ticketmaster last night, there are still tickets available for Lexington, Auburn Hills and Dayton. Without mapquesting it, I would think Dayton would be closest, then Auburn Hills and then Lexington. (actually I just checked and Auburn Hills is a lot closer than Dayton -assuming you are not banned from Canada).

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1239566?wt.mc_id=EML_NTF350043_3[1239566/A/1239566

Here are the distance. The ones above the line are driveable from Syracuse (where I live) and the ones below the line are not happening for this guy. I am praying like hell that we get Lexington at this point..

Philly 228
Auburn Hills 353
Dayton 474
Lexington 576 (my experience says this is really 640)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
KC 1002
Austin 1485
Salt Lake City 1836
San Jose 2418

Here are the distance. The ones above the line are driveable from Syracuse (where I live) and the ones below the line are not happening for this guy. I am praying like hell that we get Lexington at this point..

Philly 228
Auburn Hills 353
Dayton 474
Lexington 576 (my experience says this is really 640)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
KC 1002
Austin 1485
Salt Lake City 1836
San Jose 2418
Why wouldn't you want Auburn Hills?

Why wouldn't you want Auburn Hills?

Well that is my second choice obviously. I just think that we are slowly losing any leverage of staying close to home with each loss. The Lexington comment was my worst/best case scenario that I ma hoping for meaning I would sign up today knowing we would at least at a location above the line so I can drive it.

Well that is my second choice obviously. I just think that we are slowly losing any leverage of staying close to home with each loss. The Lexington comment was my worst/best case scenario that I ma hoping for meaning I would sign up today knowing we would at least at a location above the line so I can drive it.

I think Auburn Hills isn't going to happen anyway because Michigan and Michigan State are going to be ticketed for there and unless we totally fall off the map we're not going to be set up to play them in the round of 32.

I think Auburn Hills isn't going to happen anyway because Michigan and Michigan State are going to be ticketed for there and unless we totally fall off the map we're not going to be set up to play them in the round of 32.

That was what I was thinking when I was plugging teams in. That is why I hope we just at this point end up in Lexington. Getting shipped to Austin or worse out west is my nightmare.

Top 4 seed lines are placed closest to home so unless SU will not win another game this season I don't see how they would fall outside of the top 4 lines

That was what I was thinking when I was plugging teams in. That is why I hope we just at this point end up in Lexington. Getting shipped to Austin or worse out west is my nightmare.

You think Dayton is still in play?

Looking at Lunardi's update from Friday, he had Indy and Louisville there. (I thought Lville would be set for Lexington, but right now that's Miami and Florida since that's the closest site to Florida). We were in Philly as a 3, though obviously our stock has fallen a little.

Here are the top 4 seeds from his last update
1) Indiana, Miami, Duke, Gonzaga
2) Michigan, Florida, Kansas, Michigan State
3) Louisville, Us, New Mexico, Arizona
4) Butler, Kansas State, Wisconsin, Gtown

Now granted, this was prior to our 2 losses and Gtown's win, so they are going to jump up for sure. Lunardi had us in Philly on Friday (with Duke); I'm sure Gtown takes our spot there. But there are a decent amount of westernish teams in the top 16 right now; Gonzaga, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona. I think we'd possibly be a 4 right now, with Gtown taking the 3 from us. Indiana is probably locked into Dayton, so it might come down to us, Louisville, and perhaps Butler for that last spot. If we can beat Louisville on Saturday, that might move us past them in the pecking order.

Top 4 seed lines are placed closest to home so unless SU will not win another game this season I don't see how they would fall outside of the top 4 lines

We are slowly falling off of the top 4 line. that is why last nights game was so important. Now if we lose to Lville and Georgetown we could slip out of the top 4. Very definite possibility.

Looking at Lunardi's update from Friday, he had Indy and Louisville there. (I thought Lville would be set for Lexington, but right now that's Miami and Florida since that's the closest site to Florida). We were in Philly as a 3, though obviously our stock has fallen a little.

Now granted, this was prior to our 2 losses and Gtown's win, so they are going to jump up for sure. Lunardi had us in Philly on Friday (with Duke); I'm sure Gtown takes our spot there. But there are a decent amount of westernish teams in the top 16 right now; Gonzaga, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona. I think we'd possibly be a 4 right now, with Gtown taking the 3 from us. Indiana is probably locked into Dayton, so it might come down to us, Louisville, and perhaps Butler for that last spot. If we can beat Louisville on Saturday, that might move us past them in the pecking order.

Beating Louisville will greatly improve our chances of one of the 4 closest pods.

We are slowly falling off of the top 4 line. that is why last nights game was so important. Now if we lose to Lville and Georgetown we could slip out of the top 4. Very definite possibility.

If we lose both I could see it; we might be able to salvage it with 2 wins in the BET, but maybe not. We only have 1 win vs the RPI top 25. I figure if we beat Louisville and then don't throw up all over ourselves vs Depaul, we should be ok for a top 4 seed. Might be a big if though

If we lose both I could see it; we might be able to salvage it with 2 wins in the BET, but maybe not. We only have 1 win vs the RPI top 25. I figure if we beat Louisville and then don't throw up all over ourselves vs Depaul, we should be ok for a top 4 seed. Might be a big if though

I think we need to win 2 of our last 3 and a game in the BET to secure a 4 seed. Just my opinion. That would put us 25-8?

I think we need to win 2 of our last 3 and a game in the BET to secure a 4 seed. Just my opinion. That would put us 25-8?

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but i think that gives us a shot at a 3. I guess it depends on if we get a double bye or not though. (Man, I remember a few years ago how happy I was to get the double bye in 09 I think; now I'll consider the season a disappointment if we finish 4th and get a double bye). But if we beat Louisville, for instance, and then Depaul and finish in 4th, then our first game in the BET is probably against either Pitt or Louisville. Which means we'd add another top 25 RPI win, and then either a top 40 win (vs Pitt) or another top 25 (vs Lville).

If we finish in 5th and have to win a game in the BET just to get to Lousville or Pitt, then I'm still pretty sure we'd get a 4, but a 3 is probably pushing it.

The problem is that the 4/5 seeds will get lumped together because duh they play each other in the second round games. That really leaves us (fans from the east coast who hope to be able to drive to a site) screwed. If we get a 4/5 seed we are 100% going to be sent to the 4 sites I listed in an earlier post below the line. The only way we get the top 4 sites are if we end up with a 3-6-7 seed. If you look at the 6-7 seeds they are all in the sites I listed above the line.

Unfortunately for us we are stuck in that no mams land of the 4/5 seed and will almost certainly get shipped farther out than some of us had hoped.

These projections have been updated.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Agree. Unfortunately my fear is we go into a tailspin, lose both to UL and GT. That leaves us with a winnable Wednesday game in the BET and then get bounced by Pitt again on Thursday in a 4/5 matchup. At 24-9 (and 6-8) in the last 14 we could play our way down to the #6/7 seed line and get shipped a long way out.

Agree. Unfortunately my fear is we go into a tailspin, lose both to UL and GT. That leaves us with a winnable Wednesday game in the BET and then get bounced by Pitt again on Thursday in a 4/5 matchup. At 24-9 (and 6-8) in the last 14 we could play our way down to the #6/7 seed line and get shipped a long way out.

If we get the 6/7 seed that would actually be ok for anyone in Syracuse (me) who wants to travel. 6/7 seeds will go to Dayton or Lexington or Auburn Hills.

The only way we get shipped way out is if we are a 4/5 seed.

Problem is Duke has locked down one of the Philly spots, and G'town would take the other one if current trends continue. If SU ends up a 3 or 4 there may not be any spots east of the Mississippi after two B1G teams take Auburn Hills. Louisville, Florida, the U and one other B1G team take the protected seeds in Lexington and Dayton. There going to be 3, 4, and 5 seeds shipped out to KC, Austin, San Jose and SLC. If SU doesn't right the ship they will be one of them.

That is not really correct.

A top 4 seed is placed in a pod that is closest to them based on various conditions. But the catch is that two teams must be at each pod site. Teams with a better seed always receive first call. 4 seeds receive the leftovers. We will not receive Philly merely because we are closest.

Our competition (currently) for Detroit, Dayton, Lexington, and Philly are:

Duke
Miami
Indiana
Mic
Mic State
Florida
Louisville
Georgetown

Even if one of those slip we are vulnerable to teams like Marquette, Wisconsin moving above us on to 3 line if they finis strong. Or if Butler is on 4 line with us, they may receive first crack at Lexington.

I think OP is focusing on Lexington, because Florida may be vulnerable after last evening. I agree , as of today that is our best opportunity.

IMO, it comes down to this. As a 3 seed we are in a very good position of being top 8 for those 4 sites. As a 4/5 seed we are very likely shipped out west or far west.

You would think by now the NCAA would take its head out of its ass, and only keep one far west pod. They are always filled with eastern or midwest 4 seeds and among the worst attended. Move another pod east!!

If we get the 6/7 seed that would actually be ok for anyone in Syracuse (me) who wants to travel. 6/7 seeds will go to Dayton or Lexington or Auburn Hills.

The only way we get shipped way out is if we are a 4/5 seed.

6/7 is far better odds, but it is also not a guarantee.

At 6/7, risk is bracket rules force us to play a Zona, Zaga, Kansas, or New Mexico on 2/3 line. Louisville and Georgetown would likely be on 2/3 line, so it could play some havoc.

Using current ESPN Bracket - showing potential risk as a 6 seed.

Options are Austin, Lexington, Philly, and Salt Lake City. Problem is Georgetown and Louisville are the 3 seeds in Lexington and Philly. So we would be sent to San Jose or Salt Lake City.

They could move us down a line to a 7 seed - but south and east are not available because of Georgetown and Louisville (we cannot meet until regional finals, unless BEast receives more than 8 bids -- unlikely)

So options are Lexington or Auburn ills. But Pitt and Notre Dame are already in those areas, so a 7 cannot be there for bracket rules. So one BEast team would need to move west as .

Problem is Duke has locked down one of the Philly spots, and G'town would take the other one if current trends continue. If SU ends up a 3 or 4 there may not be any spots east of the Mississippi after two B1G teams take Auburn Hills. Louisville, Florida, the U and one other B1G team take the protected seeds in Lexington and Dayton. There going to be 3, 4, and 5 seeds shipped out to KC, Austin, San Jose and SLC. If SU doesn't right the ship they will be one of them.

If we get a 3 we are ok. The 4-5 seeds will be shipped to one of the 4 you mentioned (KC, Austin, San Jose or SLC). Its a 3 seed or a 6 seed otherwise I am screwed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom