BYE Game | Syracusefan.com

BYE Game

HtownOrange

Living Legend
It's game day and SU has it's first of two matches, a rare CFB fete, this fall. There is little excitement when SU and BYE meet, likely because the Orange have never lost to BYE, which is something Rutgers can only dream of accomplishing. In fact, the meeting brings so little excitement that OrangeExtreme didn't start the game thread! CuseLegacy hasn't had to ban anyone. SUTomcat probably will not provided his standard (read: Top shelf!) review, "My Take" or the all-important Tuba report. I cannot even find SWC75's "Why SU will win" and "Why BYE will win" pre-game analysis. Like I said, little enthusiasm for BYE.

Typically, I don't much care about BYE, but they are here for our Orange, so I am all in! Besides, BYE is here, Rutgers and their pansy conference are not! Who would ever have imagined that BYE was tougher than Rutgers? O.K. you got me there, everyone, but you get my drift. At least Rutgers has a win or two against SU, BYE, no such tally. However, BYE is here this season and Rutgers has yet to show up, and Rutgers cancelled their play date with SU. Much more respect for BYE who has SU on their lineup TWICE this fall. When Rutgers chickens out BYE steps up! Thus, my higher (relative statement, I know) regard for BYE than for RU/SUNJ/Snookie State U.

Anyway, SU brings their 1-2 record, revamped offense and fiercely attacking defense this week against BYE. Of significant note, SU leads the nation in Net Turnovers. BYE is not likely to change that this week.

SU's Defense is a little banged up with Cisco being out due to a freak injury last week in pre-game warm-ups. However, the true freshman crew has stepped up nicely, though Cisco's experience and leadership will be missed. Nevertheless, I expect SU will keep BYE from scoring too much.

On offense, the O-line problems have been discussed ad nauseum. That said, we saw what the line can do once they start to gel together in last weeks game against GTech. That and Tucker stepped up at RB and wrecked the Ramblin' Wreck for 100+ yards and two scores. I expect the BYE D-line will have problems from keeping the Orange O-line from protecting TD and opening holes for the RBs.

On Specials, I expect NJ to have little problems with his returns and, last week aside, Szmyt happens, he misses no kicks this week. (Mark that down as a Bold Prediction!).

Overall, I do not anticipate a great game, nor a great crowd. Seriously, even without COVID-19 and Governor Cuomo's ridiculous no fan rules (c'mon, let the parents and at least some students attend!) have we ever had an exciting game with BYE? I will be happy to walk away with no loss on the scoreboard and no injuries.

Let's GO ORANGE!

Last edited:
It's game day and SU has it's first of two matches, are rare CFB fete, this fall. There is little excitement when SU and BYE meet, likely because the Orange have never lost to BYE, which is something Rutgers can only dream of accomplishing. In fact, the meeting brings so little excitement that OrangeExtreme didn't start the game thread! CuseLegacy hasn't had to ban anyone. SUTomcat probably will not provided his standard (read: Top shelf!) review, "My Take" or the all-important Tuba report. I cannot even find SWC75's "Why SU will win" and "Why BYE will win" pre-game analysis. Like I said, little enthusiasm for BYE.

Typically, I don't much care about BYE, but they are here for our Orange, so I am all in! Besides, BYE is here, Rutgers and their pansy conference are not! Who would ever have imagined that BYE was tougher than Rutgers? O.K. you got me there, everyone, but you get my drift. At least Rutgers has a win or two against SU, BYE, no such tally. However, BYE is here this season and Rutgers has yet to show up, and Rutgers cancelled their play date with SU. Much more respect for BYE who has SU on their lineup TWICE this fall. When Rutgers chickens out BYE steps up! Thus, my higher (relative statement, I know) regard for BYE than for RU/SUNJ/Snookie State U.

Anyway, SU brings their 1-2 record, revamped offense and fiercely attacking defense this week against BYE. Of significant note, SU leads the nation in Net Turnovers. BYE is not likely to change that this week.

SU's Defense is a little banged up with Cisco being out due to a freak injury last week in pre-game warm-ups. However, the true freshman crew has stepped up nicely, though Cisco's experience and leadership will be missed. Nevertheless, I expect SU will keep BYE from scoring too much.

On offense, the O-line problems have been discussed ad nauseum. That said, we saw what the line can do once they start to gel together in last weeks game against GTech. That and Tucker stepped up at RB and wrecked the Ramblin' Wreck for 100+ yards and two scores. I expect the BYE D-line will have problems from keeping the Orange O-line from protecting TD and opening holes for the RBs.

On Specials, I expect NJ to have little problems with his returns and, last week aside, Szmyt happens, he misses no kicks this week. (Mark that down as a Bold Prediction!).

Overall, I do not anticipate a great game, nor a great crowd. Seriously, even without COVID-19 and Governor Cuomo's ridiculous no fan rules (c'mon, let the parents and at least some students attend!) have we ever had an exciting game with BYE? I will be happy to walk away with no loss on the scoreboard and no injuries.

Let's GO ORANGE!
And no covid!!! Stay distant!!!

Flipped to the Baylor / CouchBurners game - Baylor just screwed out of the tie TD due to a bad call/spot (it was a TD, the RB clearly broke the plane), and now WVU trying to run out the clock.

It’s a real fireworks display - 14-7.

Makes our O look prolific. ;)

The TCU Texas game has been fantastic. This might be an overtime game

It's game day and SU has it's first of two matches, are rare CFB fete, this fall. There is little excitement when SU and BYE meet, likely because the Orange have never lost to BYE, which is something Rutgers can only dream of accomplishing. In fact, the meeting brings so little excitement that OrangeExtreme didn't start the game thread! CuseLegacy hasn't had to ban anyone. SUTomcat probably will not provided his standard (read: Top shelf!) review, "My Take" or the all-important Tuba report. I cannot even find SWC75's "Why SU will win" and "Why BYE will win" pre-game analysis. Like I said, little enthusiasm for BYE.

Let's GO ORANGE!

Whatever it is you are drinking and/or smoking...I am in, yes please!;)

I hate when players get hurt against Bye. They take cheap shots. Bye is a classless bunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom