Class of 2018 - C Lukas Kisunas (Lithuania/Brewster Academy) to Stanford | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C Lukas Kisunas (Lithuania/Brewster Academy) to Stanford

He has some nice low post moves but he isn't that explosive. He probably can't play the middle much so he would play on the wing and I'm not convinced he could cover out there. I think Sidibe has better lateral quickness than him. He does have some pretty good moves in the post for his size and can finish so he would be an extra body as people have said. I'm trying not to jump to we should grab this guy or that guy after the Bazely thing because I don't want to end up with 1-2 kids that don't fit in our system and our taking spots. We are thin up front though and need kids without a doubt.

Not really a fan

Agree. Film is blah. Has coordination, but not explosion. If you're going to play like a guy from the Y over 30 league, you need to be able to stroke it, and his film doesnt show that either. It's also telling that he wasnt even honorable mention all-NEPSAC (Buddy Boeheim was second team, and kid going to Wake was m.o.p.).

Agree. Film is blah. Has coordination, but not explosion. If you're going to play like a guy from the Y over 30 league, you need to be able to stroke it, and his film doesnt show that either. It's also telling that he wasnt even honorable mention all-NEPSAC (Buddy Boeheim was second team, and kid going to Wake was m.o.p.).

a highlight tape in which one of the clips is a layup where the ball hits the underside of the rim and miraculously careens into the hoop...

I don't like to say negative things about recruits but I will say I have reservations about the fit for this recruit at Syracuse. He looks like a mid major kind of kid. Might be able to do well at a P5 school with the right kind of system, but that system is not in place at Syracuse.

I don't like to say negative things about recruits but I will say I have reservations about the fit for this recruit at Syracuse. He looks like a mid major kind of kid. Might be able to do well at a P5 school with the right kind of system, but that system is not in place at Syracuse.

It seems like Villanova is doing very well with mid major type project players.

All players have ceilings. Some have high ceilings, some have medium ones and some have low ones.

It is important to note the difference when evaluating recruits. I think this is where Villanova does a better job evaluating recruits than someone like you.

Just because other idiots say that doesn't make it true. Spellman, Brunson, Bridges, Booth, and DiVincenzo all had a bunch P5 offers. DiVincenzo was the only one that wasn't a top 100 recruit but that was complete nonsense since he had offers from us, Nova, BC, FL, Pitt, ND, VT which indicates he was a heck of a lot better than whatever a scouting service says.

Closest one to being accurate is Pascall who was co A-10 freshman of the year and has a redshirt under his belt.
Didn't Nova recruit him in HS, but Fordham had developed a strong relationship earlier and he wanted to say close to home?

An Ollie UConn recruit? No thanks. He recruited like 2 players that panned out when he was there. Had all his success with Calhoun recruits.

Correct -- that explains how he ended up at uconn.

Saw him play last fall. He’s not much of an athlete and has some limitations, but he’d fill the role we’d need next year. He’s a big body with some skills.

The Arizona offer doesn't mean nearly as much as it would have 12 months ago. Because UA is desperate for bodies. Ayton and Trier coming out; they lost their whole recruiting class. Plus any seniors from this past season.

Edit: I forgot to mention they don't have Book Richardson recruiting any more.

Last edited:
The Arizona offer doesn't mean nearly as much as it would have 12 months ago. Because UA is desperate for bodies. Ayton and Trier coming out; they lost their whole recruiting class. Plus any seniors from this past season.

plus their scumbag coach soon enough

giphy.gif