c-mac 1st rough game | Syracusefan.com

c-mac 1st rough game

jordoo

Living Legend
So Chris struggled in this one for most of the game. Big competition on the road but he bounced back down the stretch.

Line:
38min 5-8fg 12r 3a 3to 1b 1s 10pts

Any thought? Double double in a struggle, kid is very good.

Last edited:
the one play that really pissed me off is when chris (6'10) got the ball out top and somehow couldn't pass it over the dwarf.

the one play that really pissed me off is when chris (6'10) got the ball out top and somehow couldn't pass it over the dwarf.

Its pretty telling that this is your take away from his game . . . . . . Who is complaining about Rak's 6 god awful turnovers? He's a senior and cost us the game as much as anyone else.

I really like his game. Michigan had some bigger sturdy white kids bothering him all game. There was one play where it seemed like he had a soaring straightaway dunk in transition in some traffic but it ended up being halfway between a layup and a floater so it clanged off the rim. He's almost too smooth a player for a freshman. Not a bad thing. If he ever gets a real mean streak around the rim then look the F out. He has been solid.

So Chris struggled in this one for most of the game. Big competition on the road bug he bounced back down the stretch.

Line:
38min 5-8fg 12f 3a 3s 1b 1s 10pts

Any thought? Double double in a struggle kid is very good.
Yeah, struggled a bit, couple of freshman mistakes but oh well. Like you said, even struggling, there's no denying his presence. Really goes after the ball on both ends, challenges every shot he can, rebounds the ball. He only took two deep jumpers (1 of 2) but he does seem to get easy looks around the post, off offensive rebounds or when he gets position. He's doing well, and if polished by March, look out!

I know this isn't about Christmas, but Rak is a maniac out there. Loving his play around the basket. No one person has an answer for him.

I remember when he got he got his 4th foul and they showed he only had 4 points at the time and commented that he was really struggling. Seemed like a few minutes later they were talking about him having a double-double. That's when I chuckled. Going to be fun to watch him get better!

Spicola gets stoned and slides right in there.
fasttimes.gif

Its pretty telling that this is your take away from his game . . . . . . Who is complaining about Rak's 6 god awful turnovers? He's a senior and cost us the game as much as anyone else.

ok so you start a thread about #5's "rough game" and then snap at me about mentioning 1 horrendous play by mccullough but not mentioning rax? pretty telling there . bipolar much?

ok so you start a thread about #5's "rough game" and then snap at me about mentioning 1 horrendous play by mccullough but not mentioning rax? pretty telling there . bipolar much?

My post was about his struggle actually being a pretty good game you picked out one negative. I feel that's telling.

I really like his game. Michigan had some bigger sturdy white kids bothering him all game. There was one play where it seemed like he had a soaring straightaway dunk in transition in some traffic but it ended up being halfway between a layup and a floater so it clanged off the rim. He's almost too smooth a player for a freshman. Not a bad thing. If he ever gets a real mean streak around the rim then look the F out. He has been solid.

Not sure why you have to refer to PLAYERS as black or white; they are basketball players. Great game and it gave "most of us" reason to believe that we are only going to get better... finally a good sign even with a loss. Just lose the race comments please.

As we all would have liked... I wish this learning lesson could have been after a close win. However, even with the defeat, finally something that we SHOULD be able to build upon moving forward.

Last edited:
a pretty good game with a few horrendous plays. call it what you want. post title said "rough". i'd agree.

Not sure why you have to refer to PLAYERS as black or white; they are basketball players. Great game and it gave "most of us" reason to believe that we are only going to get better... finally a good sign even with a loss. Just lose the race comments please.

It doesn't matter. I only said white because they were using two big white guys in the post often. It doesn't matter.

yep, tough first half for him but he was real good down the stretch. like Jordoo said, if we're saying he struggled with a double double, kid is a stud.

one thing, though - many of michigan's offensive rebounds seemed to come as a result of Chris going up w/ only one hand and having it tip away from him - would be nice if he could go up a little stronger for boards w/ both hands

He's got to make all his layups. Got to. We've got a nice win if he'd just dunked that open look in the first half.

Other than that, he's as responsible as anyone for the comeback last night. Very good play at both ends after he came back in with four fouls. He'll struggle against physical players at times, but he's got to be encouraged after this game.

As we all would have liked... I wish this learning lesson could have been after a close win. However, even with the defeat, finally something that we SHOULD be able to build upon moving forward.

Good to see the PC police out in full force. Amazing.

So Chris struggled in this one for most of the game. Big competition on the road but he bounced back down the stretch.

Line:
38min 5-8fg 12r 3a 3to 1b 1s 10pts

Any thought? Double double in a struggle, kid is very good.
In a word, poised. He does need to finish stronger. That little floater over their big center at the end should have been a blow by tomahawk, the defender was flat footed. But he is on his way. He did many things very well.

Great minds think alike. Wish I could say the chronic was involved but not the case.
We'll get there one day. We'll get there...wait, what was I talking about? I forget. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom