Class of 2023 - C Maria-Elani Triantafylli (Greece) in the portal | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C Maria-Elani Triantafylli (Greece) in the portal

Syracuse, N.Y. – Syracuse women's basketball Head Coach Felisha Legette-Jack announced the addition of Maria-Eleni Triantafylli for the upcoming season. The 6-foot-5 center from Athens, Greece, will add depth and height to the Orange squad that returns eight players from last season's squad that won 20 games and reached the Super Sixteen of the Women's NIT.

"Mar is going to fit our C.A.B. culture quite nicely," Legette-Jack said. "Her humility and love for others exudes when you meet her. Her work ethic and athletic ability is going to make her a fan favorite. Academically, she is sensational. A 6-foot-5 post who can run, shoot and block shots will help us pursue championships. Orange Nation, please help me welcome Mar to our Orange Family."

Triantafylli, played for the EFAOZ women's basketball team in Greece's first division of the ESVA league. As the youngest starter on the court, she helped her team to a 21-5 record while averaging seven points in 21 minutes per game. The center averaged 12 rebounds and 4.5 blocks per game while adding two assists and 1.0 steals per game. In her best game of the season, she had a near triple double with 14 points, 15 rebounds and eight blocks. As a junior, she was named team captain.
Skip Ad

She was a pre-selection for Greece's U14, U16 and U18 women's national teams and helped her team to a combined 13-5 recorded as a sophomore and junior on the U16 and U18 squads.
Her father, Vasilis played basketball for Ionikos Nikaias B.C. from 1992-2005.

Triantafylli is the fourth player to join the Orange for the upcoming season. She is one of three freshmen signees alongside Sophie Burrows and Alyssa Latham. Dominique Camp announced in March that she will join the Orange as a grad transfer.

Legette-Jack became the first coach in program history to guide the Orange to the postseason in their first season. She helped Syracuse improve its win record by nine wins from the previous season and led SU to a 9-9 record in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Great pickup. Wonder if we get one more center out of the portal or international players.

Latham will be PF
Woolley will be SF
Fair will be SG
Perkins with be PG

Great pickup. Wonder if we get one more center out of the portal or international players.

Latham will be PF
Woolley will be SF
Fair will be SG
Perkins with be PG
Perkins won't be starting PG.

Perkins won't be starting PG.
Possibly the transfer but I felt that Perkins did a good job as a true freshman. Second year in the system I suspect a big step forward.

Possibly the transfer but I felt that Perkins did a good job as a true freshman. Second year in the system I suspect a big step forward.
I see them starting Kyra Wood, Fair, Woolley, Latham, new Ctr or possible Wilson though she is shorter at least in the beginning. Wilson does have some decent post moves and she can be physical

I see them starting Kyra Wood, Fair, Woolley, Latham, new Ctr or possible Wilson though she is shorter at least in the beginning. Wilson does have some decent post moves and she can be physical
The Aussie Burrows will be in the mix for playing time. She comes from a good program in Australia, and Has some size at 6-2.

IMG_3336.png

Syracuse, N.Y. – Syracuse women's basketball Head Coach Felisha Legette-Jack announced the addition of Maria-Eleni Triantafylli for the upcoming season. The 6-foot-5 center from Athens, Greece, will add depth and height to the Orange squad that returns eight players from last season's squad that won 20 games and reached the Super Sixteen of the Women's NIT.

"Mar is going to fit our C.A.B. culture quite nicely," Legette-Jack said. "Her humility and love for others exudes when you meet her. Her work ethic and athletic ability is going to make her a fan favorite. Academically, she is sensational. A 6-foot-5 post who can run, shoot and block shots will help us pursue championships. Orange Nation, please help me welcome Mar to our Orange Family."

Triantafylli, played for the EFAOZ women's basketball team in Greece's first division of the ESVA league. As the youngest starter on the court, she helped her team to a 21-5 record while averaging seven points in 21 minutes per game. The center averaged 12 rebounds and 4.5 blocks per game while adding two assists and 1.0 steals per game. In her best game of the season, she had a near triple double with 14 points, 15 rebounds and eight blocks. As a junior, she was named team captain.
Skip Ad

She was a pre-selection for Greece's U14, U16 and U18 women's national teams and helped her team to a combined 13-5 recorded as a sophomore and junior on the U16 and U18 squads.
Her father, Vasilis played basketball for Ionikos Nikaias B.C. from 1992-2005.

Triantafylli is the fourth player to join the Orange for the upcoming season. She is one of three freshmen signees alongside Sophie Burrows and Alyssa Latham. Dominique Camp announced in March that she will join the Orange as a grad transfer.

Legette-Jack became the first coach in program history to guide the Orange to the postseason in their first season. She helped Syracuse improve its win record by nine wins from the previous season and led SU to a 9-9 record in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
SIGNED: MARIA - ELENI - TRIANNTAFYLLI

resize

usa_today_19796599.jpg

What more can be said about Mar that hasn't in Legacy's post. Another C.A.B. recruit for FLJ.

Do you think we have a good young woman center? I do X 10. I predict with the other signees and now this beautiful, 6'5" center from Athens Greece, that we will be in the NCAA Tournament this coming season and I think everything is going to be on the rise for SU WOMEN'S BASKETBALL from this point on.

When I watched the coaches introduction, I gained the feeling that she was going to make a huge difference here and she has. A tremendous future for her and her team. Congrats to her and SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom