Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

from verbalcommits. Not sure why everyone is questioning if his offers are real because his mom and his coaches share them via social media? Theres plenty of other sources sharing the info.

"Anotha one"

Ok done trying to convince everyone that the kids offers are legitimate. Think what u want!

You're going way too hard over this. The skepticism can be warranted this late in the cycle. Has he played on any of the Summer circuits?

Thanks, cusesky8214.

Here's what it boils down to -- it is confusing how a kid with this size and athleticism [relatively speaking] is just garnering attention this late in the game, as a class of 2020 recruit. Because the tools seem obvious.

And because these offers are legit, it is very strange that he's unrated, has flown below the radar, etc.

You're going way too hard over this. The skepticism can be warranted this late in the cycle. Has he played on any of the Summer circuits?
I'm really not. Its actually very easy. The offers are out there for all to see. A little skepticism I understand but to make it seem like his mom is putting fake offers out there when the evidence is there that they are legit is strange.

from verbalcommits. Not sure why everyone is questioning if his offers are real because his mom and his coaches share them via social media? Theres plenty of other sources sharing the info.

there is no way of knowing whether these are "plenty of other sources" or whether they are all ultimately from the same, single source

Thanks, cusesky8214.

Here's what it boils down to -- it is confusing how a kid with this size and athleticism [relatively speaking] is just garnering attention this late in the game, as a class of 2020 recruit. Because the tools seem obvious.

And because these offers are legit, it is very strange that he's unrated, has flown below the radar, etc.
I agree with this. Late bloomer? Grade issues? Not much exposure at his school? Idk the reasoning but if Leonard Hamilton found him and went to watch him that's impressive. A day later he offered him and was pretty impressed. That's good enough for me considering how well they have done finding talented big guys lately!

there is no way of knowing whether these are "plenty of other sources" or whether they are all ultimately from the same, single source
Omg. I'm not doing this for the 2nd day in a row. If that's what you want to roll with then by all means go with it. It all came from his mother! Everything else is bs.

Did I read right that multiple posters could see Jesse as a 4? What?!

we allllll need to go outside and put the phones down.
Probably the same folks that for the previous 2 summers warned us that Marek might not come back. One person on the board says something once and then some others think it's a real possibility despite not being based in reality.

His coaches have also shared his offers. So maybe his mother/coaches have duped us all including the ENTIRE Syracuse staff. Like they wouldnt know if his fsu/maryland/cincy offers are legit. They duped us so hard with the fake offers that they convinced JB himself to call Quincy to make the scholarship offer to him. But that Is probably fake news too and the cuse offer Is also B.S. that his mother or one singular source put out there.

*this whole thing is sarcasm* sad that I feel like I even need to put that out there.

Watched some of his film and, while you can't teach height, he seems to lack quickness, especially on the defensive end. Having said that, don't mind cuse giving a shot to a local kid. Think he is the classic project recruit for ACC level hoops and there is nothing wrong with that.

His coaches have also shared his offers. So maybe his mother/coaches have duped us all including the ENTIRE Syracuse staff. Like they wouldnt know if his fsu/maryland/cincy offers are legit. They duped us so hard with the fake offers that they convinced JB himself to call Quincy to make the scholarship offer to him. But that Is probably fake news too and the cuse offer Is also B.S. that his mother or one singular source put out there.

*this whole thing is sarcasm* sad that I feel like I even need to put that out there.
Who cares? Maybe the staff stashed the kid in NC to keep him away from the competition. The idea that he went to high school in Syracuse has worked out with Coleman and Edelin and the staff not know of him is ridiculous.

At the end of the day he will have to prove it on the court like everyone else.

My guess is if we had gotten one of the other centers Ballard would have popped up in the class of 21... ;)

Who cares? Maybe the staff stashed the kid in NC to keep him away from the competition. The idea that he went to high school in Syracuse has worked out with Coleman and Edelin and the staff not know of him is ridiculous.

At the end of the day he will have to prove it on the court like everyone else.

My guess is if we had gotten one of the other centers Ballard would have popped up in the class of 21... ;)
They had nothing to do with him going to NC.

This is a similar situation to Nate Knight in my opinion. Nate got a late start in Cuse before going to prep and becoming a very good college player.

Last edited:
This whole thread is wacky. Can we all just be excited that we finally offered a kid that's 7ft 250lbs as a 18 year old and not a beanpole. Also a local syracuse kid. We need size like when we had forth/McNeil to anchor the center of the zone.

Let's hope this story is non-fiction!!
Since I'm stuck at home and have nothing better to do, I did some Googling.

- Mike Waters' recent article on Syracuse.com says that he is 7' 240 lbs.
- An article on the d1circuit.com web page dated 4/19/2019 says that he is 6'11" 210 lbs.
- A tweet from scouting service Upstate Scout dated 11/12/2018 says that he is 6'9" (no weight listed).
- A YouTube clip posted 11/2/2017 describes him as a 6'8" PF (no weight listed).

NC State offered him a scholarship. QEA is about an hour down Tobacco Road, so I assume someone from from NC State has seen him play. Earlier posts in this thread indicate that Ballard trained with some former SU players when he was in Syracuse. So unlike Sidd Finch, it appears that QB does exist. And if the Internet is to be believed, has been growing at a pretty fast rate.

This whole thread is wacky. Can we all just be excited that we finally offered a kid that's 7ft 250lbs as a 18 year old and not a beanpole. Also a local syracuse kid. We need size like when we had forth/McNeil to anchor the center of the zone.
Word.

I am thrilled we are involved with a center who is physically ready to play the position, as a HS senior no less.

I think he is a good athlete. Can finish with authority already, has a good shooting touch and looks comfortably patrolling the middle in the zone.

For years now, we have had no one who has a chance to stand up to a strong big guy on the other team and it has cost us a number of games we would otherwise have won.

Even if all he does is prevent bigs from dominating the paint and the boards against us, and score an occasional basket, he will be well worth a scholarship. Would you rather spend it on a player like this guy or use it on a walk on?

I don't have a problem bringing in a beanpole with athletic ability at center every once in a while but we can't just bring in really skinny guys indefinitely and hope like hell they will lift weights, eat right and fill out their bodies. That model has been a major failure for far too long.

Came across this

"Ever since his showing at the recent 2020 Phenom HoopState Championship, Ballard’s recruitment has exploded. Since April 4th, he has picked up offers from Florida State, NC State, Cincinnati, Syracuse, and Maryland."

Sounds like he really got noticed at the 2020 Phenom Hoop State Championship.