Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Couldn’t agree more! These guys would want a ham sandwich if it was 7 feet tall.
Spot on amigo! You've been dialed in on this one! One thing you and many others are right about is that this kid was absolutely a project type player. I think what people got excited about was the idea of recruiting a kid that was finally over 200lbs. I have seen some ridiculous stuff on here but for the most part I think most people's expectations were ok. This happens in every thread. Just funny how some like to only point out the negative and others post on here with such authority like they are Jim Boeheims personal assistant and know exactly what the staff is thinking and doing behind the scenes at all times. That's what's funny.

Couldn’t agree more! These guys would want a ham sandwich if it was 7 feet tall.

But then scream when it doesn't have cheese mayo and a toasted bun 3 years later.

im not reading 34 pages of this - but this has Taurean Thompson written all over it.

Yeah, not a big deal I guess but I think sporring an FSU shirt was the kicker. When was the last time you saw any of our other alums sporting another school's shirt, particularly after just losing out to the other school?

I saw Jerry Stackhouse wearing Cuse gear and his daughter only plays school.

If he was a priority we would have offered a long time before Thursday!
I'm with you the kid really isn't that good it's just the perception of losing a local kid who we offered who was friends with a former su player that is a bit frustrating. I'm more upset about haarms.

I think for me the funniest part about this entire thread is how people acted as if this kids offers were bs. Then people acted as if Syracuse reaching out to him was bs. Then a few hours later they offered the kid a scholarship and most people shut right up. The kid then picks FSU and all of a sudden everyone comes back around with the negative posts and sarcasm. The skepticism has been warranted and the kid is absolutely a project...anyone thinking he was penciled in as a starter was way off...but that's all opinions and how people view the kid. It was nice to see the staff offer a "different type" of big instead of the typical tall/long/skinny big. We'll be ok and I think sidibe will have a great year for us. But yea...a lot of this thread is comical for many reasons.

Yeah, not a big deal I guess but I think sporring an FSU shirt was the kicker. When was the last time you saw any of our other alums sporting another school's shirt, particularly after just losing out to the other school?

Eh, not everybody is a “fanatic” or continues to care about where they went to college 15+ years later.

During that Facebook live 2003 title game watch thing, Billy’s name came up a few times - including from Boeheim. I got the impression that Billy kinda floating and doing his own thing was how it was even when he played for Cuse,(his roommate Melo mentioned that he basically had a single room on the road because Billy was never there, and everybody laughed) and that’s just how he is - didn’t seem to be any animosity.

I love the narrative folks whining about how we missed out on a local kid and how dare the staff let that happen. OK...how many of you who live in Syracuse heard of this guy before last week?

How dare you not know about a local superstar in the making! You could have tipped off the staff years ago! It’s your fault!

I think we wanted to redshirt him and he wasnt big on that idea. He liked how Hamilton has had success with bigs lately and ultimately that was deciding factor. Pretty straight forward.

Eh, not everybody is a “fanatic” or continues to care about where they went to college 15+ years later.

Yeah, I get that but still doesn't erase the fact that it's a jolt to some. Again, when was the last time you saw a former orange player sport another school's shirt, particularly after a defeat to that school whether that be a game or recruitment?

Yeah, I get that but still doesn't erase the fact that it's a jolt to some. Again, when was the last time you saw a former orange player sport another school's shirt, particularly after a defeat to that school whether that be a game or recruitment?

The answer to that is probably...When was the last time a former Orangeman had somebody they were close to and helped develop going to another school?

I think for me the funniest part about this entire thread is how people acted as if this kids offers were bs. Then people acted as if Syracuse reaching out to him was bs. Then a few hours later they offered the kid a scholarship and most people shut right up. The kid then picks FSU and all of a sudden everyone comes back around with the negative posts and sarcasm. The skepticism has been warranted and the kid is absolutely a project...anyone thinking he was penciled in as a starter was way off...but that's all opinions and how people view the kid. It was nice to see the staff offer a "different type" of big instead of the typical tall/long/skinny big. We'll be ok and I think sidibe will have a great year for us. But yea...a lot of this thread is comical for many reasons.
I just find it odd thiis kid went from being in obscurity and getting offers from low majors to becoming bill Russell by doing nothing. Kid is a major project even if he came here. It's just the inability to land someone that this fanbase is upset about.